Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Mar 24, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Single mother trying to make a career
    I am a single mother, I went to school for a year for medical assisting but ended up not finishing because of dissapoinment with the school and the pay was going to be way less than what my job pays now, I want to do something in health science, but I don't know which way to start or what to do ! I have so much stress and I am so tired, I work overnights and I feel that I can't do school and work at night! And I can't afford day care! I applied for government assistance but I didn't qualify, and I just want to be able to get a career, but its so hard being a single mother and not really having no one to depend on to watch your child. I think about this everyday. Just the homework and projects, and everything, I did the school and work thing for a year but I went on the weekends and it was still hard to even do homework and stuff. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Mar 24, 2009, 12:39 AM

Well, you can try to get a Home Health Aide certificate, which would allow you to take care of elderly or disabled patients. For example you would prepare meals for them, maybe do laundry, and take them to their doctor's appointments and such. Is there a community college in your area? The fees are much more affordable than those "diploma mills" ( I know, I went to one, and am now in community college.)
    you could try for an LPN license, and here in Florida, there is a one year transition to R.N. school, that most hospitals will pay for you to go, on the condition you work for them X number of years.
    Try talking to someone from admissions and see if you qualify for financial aid, etc, and what might be a good choice for you.
    Good luck!

Mar 25, 2009, 12:04 AM

Nah, home health aide is really not something that would interest me, Lpn I have thought about, Yes there is a community college where I live, thanks for the advice, Its just difficult when You don't really have the father to help you.

Dec 2, 2009, 02:11 PM

Thank u I will check it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother or career [ 8 Answers ]

I 25yrs old, finishing university and have a place in a company, where there is a lot of prospect. I have been with my partner for 8 years. I have been told that its expected I have fertility problems, due to blocked tubes and until its investigated further it could be anything between easy...

Beginning a career in make up artisry on the deceased [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, strange I know but I'm currently under going cert 2 in make up services and my ideal dream job is in a funeral parlour.. Any suggestions on how I may go about getting my foot in the door... Do I start by just handing out my resume?? I need sum tips pleeeezzzzee!! :confused: :confused:

Is there a way to make money for a single teen mother? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old girl with a 10 month old baby girl, I need to know a way to make money that will except me since I am only 16, just turned 16. I need a way to help my family and my baby girl, my sister is pregnant now as well and I would like to be able to make enough money to fix up my house...

What is the average cost a single career mom spends on hersel & Children annually [ 1 Answers ]

On Clothing... Please separate it by mom versus child Thanks

Single Mother [ 1 Answers ]

I`m living with single mom and her 8 years old son, If we separate, Can the mother sue me for child support for her child, despite that I`m not his biological father ?

View more questions Search