Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bambam325 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 07:02 PM
    80's morning kids show about space with Laurel and Hardy Clips
    Does anyone remember this show? It was a kid that was on space ship, and he would talk to his computer (I believe) or a girl from his home planet, and throughout the show they would show clips of Laurel and Hardy.

I have a very spotty memory of this, but I remember that it would be on realllly early (6 or 7am), and I lived in Philadelphia, PA at the time. If anyone can remember it, please let me know! My wife thinks I am crazy!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 06:13 AM

"Starstuff" (1980)
    afilliben Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 06:24 AM
    OMG--this was my favorite show! I lived in West Chester, PA at the time and I used to get up at 6:00 a.m. just to watch it. The boy's name was Chris and he had a video conference capability on his PC--which was unheard of at the time. He lived with his mother, who had no idea what he was doing. The girl, Gretchen, lived on a spaceship with her family and would talk to Chris. They both loved Laurel & Hardy and would share clips with each other. My husband thought I was crazy--no one's ever heard of this show! It was great!! Thanks for bringing up such great memories : )

Mar 31, 2009, 06:26 AM
    Starstuff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was taped in Philly--no wonder no one's heard of it!

Mar 31, 2009, 06:31 AM
    WCAU-TV Philadelphia - Starstuff

Enjoy!
    MLWilde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 11:47 AM
    That is hilarious. I have been trying to figure out the name of the show too... also from suburban philadelphia - no wonder no one in los angeles knows what I am talking about.
    Jonis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
    This was my favorite show. Chris used to talk to the girl who lived in outerspace with her aunt. Only one person I have found remembered this show, they said the name was Star Stuff, which rang a bell, but I cannot find anything on the net about it. Im still searching in hopes I had the name wrong. It used to air at 6am on the weekends, in Philly. Your not crazy, it was real!
    angryagain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 03:43 PM
    HAHAHA, I am not crazy! I used to live in South Eastern Jersey and loved that show growing up! For the life of me, I could not remember the name of it, all I knew was there was a boy and a girl and they would talk on a video phone! Everybody I asked thought I was crazy or making it up! Thanks for proving them wrong!
    kcarvell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 06:26 AM

That is freakin' awesome. Of any shows from my childhood that still had not been able to remember... and to look up... and so on, this one has still plagued me. I tried Googling this one in the past... and nothing. Today... at home sick... something made me desice to post this on Yahoo! Answers. And then soon after I did that, I decided to Google it again and it brought me to this wonderful, WONDERFUL page.

That's hilarious! No wonder none of us could figure this for so long. A locally originated show... so a tough look-up on the internet... especially without the name. And I must have been the only one of my friends watching this show... because nobody remembers it.

Anyway... has been great to virtually bump into you kindred spirits.

nerdcon5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 04:57 AM
    My name is Chris and I watched this show when I was little and it became a part of my subconscious, making me think that there was a girl across the stars waiting for technology to arise for us to communicate, it made me get into radio and got me interested in science and space exploration, but now I am on myspace and liken it to that exchange that they had, anyone can find me at myspace.com/nutrizine and then the first friend, which is chris
    phillykid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 04:00 AM
    Starstuff! Came on early in the morning, on the weekends. Before that boring morning show with that old man who still host it today. Then I would have to wait for the cartoons on chanel 48 or 65 after turning that knob to UHF!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old 90s kids space show [ 2 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of this show... It had 3 kids who I guess are in a space flight academy when the wing they are in gets transported to the other side of the universe... Each kid had a ship one was painted red with a phoenix, one blue with a shark, and a green one with god knows...

Saturday morning superhero show in the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

Help!! Its driving me nuts. The show was on Saturday mornings. Its about a guy who finds he has superhero powers and he is the worst superhero ever but always ends up getting the bad guys. The only help I can give is a line from the theme song... "Believe it or not i'm walking on air, i never...

Late 80's early 90's Saturday morning TV show [ 7 Answers ]

I believe this show is from the late 80's or early 90's. It is about a father and daughter who found a "portal" to a prehistoric land. It aired on Saturday mornings. Any ideas ?

View more questions Search