Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happydappy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 02:15 PM
    He's asking to hang out everyday!
    I am 28 year old woman and I am dating a 22 year old guy who just graduated from college a few months ago. We met each other at the gym and I met him two months ago, and we've gone out about 5 times already. I've met a lot of his close friends. Ever since I asked him to grab dinner, he has asked me to hang out every day. We don't have real dates that involve a nice dinner, drinks etc etc. It's more like going to basketball game or going running, more active stuff. We are both extremely goofy and fun around each other, but it does seem unconventional that he's asking me to hang out every day. Usually when I date someone initially, I would go out with them twice a week. Is there an explanation for this? Male perspective greatly appreciated!
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 23, 2009, 03:01 PM

Well your relationship seems to be one that's more than just romantic which may be why the approach he's taking about seeing you everyday is unconventional because your relationship is. Since you 2 have so much fun together he may just really like the friendship part of your relationship and nothing is wrong with that. Make him your work out buddy! That could be fun and romantic too.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:18 PM

If you the time and no problem hanging out with him, than hang out with him.

I used to date this guy and we went out every night. After I would get home from work he would come and pick me up. Then we would hang out for a few hours and then he would dropped me home and go to work. The weekends is were we would've the most fun because neither of us would've to worrying about working.

It's seems like he enjoys your company just like you enjoy his. So why ask why?
    Murraystate Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2009, 05:46 PM

LOL it's because he is young! My brother is the same way with women. You are mature and used to the couple times a week and going on dates. He is fresh out of college... we do it differently here. If a guy likes you he sees you ALL THE FREAKING TIME, if he just thinks you're OK he may take you out once or twice a week.

So I think you just have to set boundaries. Every relationship needs them. Just started dating or been dating for years.

Hope that helps.. oh and be honest with him. :)
    theartofm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happydappy View Post
    but it does seem unconventional that he's asking me to hang out every day. Usually when I date someone initially, I would go out with them twice a week. Is there an explanation for this? Male perspective greatly appreciated!
    What are you, some kind of date-bot?

I don't think this is a male thing. Some people just aren't into "conventional" dating - like me. I have never taken a woman I don't know to dinner and a movie. Yet, I've been with (some) women.

You're already friends and enjoying each other's time together. You don't need the formality. If you want it to be intimate, then get in there and get it! Remember that he's younger than you, he has a different perspective on things. And he may be hoping that you'll make the move. He may not have the sexual confidence to make things "romantic" on his own, but is in his zone with the friend thing.

OR maybe he really just wants to be friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son disrespects me everyday [ 3 Answers ]

I have an eleven year old son. I have been divorced from his abusive father for four years. I also have a nineteen year old daughter and a four year old daughter. I live in a state that I do not have any relatives only my x husbands' family. I get along really well with my x mother-in-law .She is...

IS it bad to work out everyday? [ 2 Answers ]

Say I work out Everyday for 30-60 minutes. Is that bad?

Trying to get better everyday? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, me again, venting, and getting better every day moving on. But in the process I hear things from people about my ex. ( we ended again 6 weeks ago) Any way, it came to my attention yesterday he is dating, and moving in with, a girl who is a recovering drug addict (3 yrs) and a...

Everyday meals [ 18 Answers ]

Start a new thread here. What's your favorite quick and easy meal for supper time. How long does it take? What's in it? How about quick outside grilling ideas? All responses are welcome. Even if it's hamburger helper with your own combo's thrown in. Thanks in advance. Stay healthy :)

View more questions Search