Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BonnieT27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Selling old gold jewelry
    I want to know the best way to go about selling old gold jewelry. I am not sure if I should send away for those packets to use as a mailer, or go to a local jeweler. I have broken & twisted necklaces and some old rings, etc. Any advice will be welcomed.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 23, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Many Pawn Shops and local Jewelry stores now buy them Also check the local papers or do a Google search for your area with buying gold in the search. I say that as I have noticed there are a lot of the Buy Gold people traveling around and setting up at local Hotels to buy gold from people in that area.

They just had a special on a TV show recently and a story on line about how these places are getting over They give you the very least amount they can There was a group that sent the same amount to them and then to a local hotel visiting group and a local Jewelry and pawn shops
    They shopped around to get their best deal. In this case the Pawn Shop and the Hotels were the highest ones.

Also if you choose to do a mail in Read all the small print You can ask them to Contact you with the offer before sending a check and when you do this you stand a better chance of getting a better offer according to the show. They also said to check with BBB and other places before dealing with a group to make sure there are no complaints on them. I use Google search and Rip Off Report for checking places as well as BBB.

Good Luck
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 03:54 AM
    You may prefer selling it online on reputable websites like cash4gold.com or cashforgoldusa.com, where they buy such old or broken jewelry and provide you with a reasonable price.
    ruzzel01 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 07:56 AM
    I agree with Jenny. You may sell it online with reputable gold companies. You may also like to try this gold parties. They buy golds even old gold coins.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

On my ring the imprint is 14k g. e. t. what is the g.e.t.

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me the symbol on my gold 333 fbm id like to no which country and I've looked and can't find this mark and id like to no the age

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to get money from gold jewelry. I know about pawn shops, is there other sources. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search