Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joseph5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Served for judgement

I have been serve a judgement for a credit card I could not pay what can I do I can not afford this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2009, 12:08 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You aren't "served a judgement". You may have received a summons relating to a court suit to obtain a judgement. Or you may have received notice that a judgement has been entered against you. Which is it?

There are loads of threads in the Credit, Small Claims and Bankruptcy & Debt forums, that address this issue. I suggest you browse around and review some of them.

Then return with more info for us and any specific questions you might have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement I was never served. Can they do this [ 2 Answers ]

I received a judgement from a credit card debt that was 6 years old. I never was subpoened. What do I do.

Civil judgement -never served [ 2 Answers ]

I have a civil judgement from 1999. I was never served papers pertaining to it. I was under the impression that civil judgements were only valid for 7 years. My bank received a restraining notice from attorney for the judgment creditor, I was given a copy after I realized my account was frozen. ...

Served Papers About a Judgement [ 12 Answers ]

I need advice. Yesterday I was served papers about a debt with a credit card company. It is MY debt. I was young and very dumb about my credit cards. Now they are catching up to me. I am broke. I honestly don't own anything. No savings, I rent, and my car is financed. I as of right now have 19 days...

Judgement Papers Served in Georgia [ 13 Answers ]

I have a few questions. I live in Georgia. I was served with judgement papers for an old debt from 2000 that I just didn't (and still don't) have the money to pay. I have 30 days to respond to the Clerk of Court. I have since re-married. I do not work (my husband does), but I am too ill to...

View more questions Search