Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookseller1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Animal groups, families and elephants
    What family of animals are elephants in, in the sense that (analogously) humans are in the primate family. Also, where on the net can I access general info in this area, including a visual representation of the types and classifications of animals?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Mar 25, 2009, 04:56 AM

Lots of potential sources. Search under, say, Taxonomy of Life or Taxonomy of animals, or Classification of Animals.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
    I searched "elephant taxonomy"
    ELEPHANTS - Scientific Classification

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can elephants be saved? [ 1 Answers ]

How can elephants be saved?

Zoology field? Elephants? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm also a senior in high school and I've lowered my fields to either marine bio or zoology, so I'm trying to get some info on the different ways you can go.. in zoology I want to help hurt animals and nurse them back to health in captivity and release them, also I loooovve elephants and would...

Elephants crime crew [ 1 Answers ]

Stories of Bandits robbing on the highway have been heard earlier but have you ever heard of a "Bandit Elephant" who robs people on the highway!! Yes, waylaying motorists in northern Keonjhar district in Orissa state of India has complained that a wild elephant refuses to let their vehicles pass...

I dreamt last night about elephants again [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I know the subaru and elephant in the back seat was weird, but it was a dream as well. Last night dreamt about a friend's elephant, a pet, elephant was quite young and when I related to this youngun, he sat and raised his trunk up. If you have an elephant figurine and the trunk is up, it...

View more questions Search