Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2003, 02:59 AM
    Cutting Assorted songs from different CDs
    Hi,

I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm confused how to do it as everyone tells me that its not possible to do so, and some say that it is possible. I'm at crossroads regarding this, so can anyone enlighten me in this regard? More so what are the audio CD format. I mean what extension do they have? If there is anything to clarify please don't hesitate to write me back. Cheers ! :)

SAI
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Jan 23, 2003, 01:44 PM
    If I understand what you mean, the process is quite simple.

1. Pick your cds from which you want to extract a song.
    2. Put the first one into the cd drive.
    3. Let windows media player open.

Here's the first choice -- wmplayer can rip a song (record it onto your computer from the audio cd), but so can other software (I use cdex, available at download.com.com). So you may want to download another piece of software for this.

4. Record the song into a specially designated directory on your computer. Odds are, the resulting file will be "audio track1.wav" or somesuch. Rename it properly.

5. Take out the first cd, and put in the second. Just go through each cd, choose one track to extract and record it to that directory. It will probably end up in wav format.

6. Open nero and go through the steps to make a new audio cd. Audio tracks are recorded in .cda format, but nero can convert from .wav automatically.

7. Copy the filenames from the special directory to the recording dialogue, order the tracks properly, and click burn.
    Djspindizzy2000 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2004, 05:56 AM
    I think the problem is that if you simply drag and drop the songs they will only be the dragging the WMP icon as opposed to the song, I personally rip the songs to MP3 format and into the specified folder then I can just go into that folder and they are all there together, a small programme called 'CD Ripper 2002, 03, 04 can be downloaded from a number of sites and is easy peasy to use, takes approx 30 secs per song to rip to MP3, any questions then just contact me through reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting Laminate [ 2 Answers ]

Building a bar in my kitchen and decided to buy laminate and cover with the same color as my countertops.Now I've read that cut laminate slightly bigger then area to cover and router after glue is all set up.I read to that if you place tape where your going to cut.It can be cut with a circular saw...

Gas cutting [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to know about gas cutting application,i.e. using oxygen & LPG ( Propane + Butane). Kindly letme know the comparison when using oxygen with Acetylene.

Burnind Assorted Songs from Audio CDs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm confused...

Burnind Assorted Songs from Audio CDs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm...

Assorted CD Burning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with Yamaha CRW2200E CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the...

View more questions Search