Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prasad_m Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 07:44 PM
    System hangs Frequently.
    Hi,
    From last 3 days I am facing a strange problem. My system Hangs very frequently, Maximum I can work is only 10 min. Then it stops responding. I formatted the partition then also same problem. Even if I run my system with Live CD/DVD then also it hangs :mad:.My mother board is 865GBF,1 GB RAM, 2.4 ghz processor. One of my friend told it is because of processor or mother board failure :(. I checked my hard disk in other system, in there it works properly. So there is no problem with my HDD.
    Please Help.
    Thank you :)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 08:22 PM

Since you've ruled out the HDD, I won't suggest reinstalling the operating system. It probably is either the MoBo, the memory, or the CPU.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    Since you've ruled out the HDD, I won't suggest reinstalling the operating system. It probably is either the MoBo, the memory, or the CPU.
    When systems hang frequently, it's normally attributed to the CPU overheating. I would remove the heatsink and fan, check the thermal paste compound on top of the CPU to see if it's crusty and dried out, then re-apply a new coat on to the CPU. Ensure that your CPU fan is spinning and that your heatsink is blown out completely and free of blockage.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 01:48 AM

Usually, such kind of problems occurred when hardware doesn't work properly like CPU, ram, motherboard, hard disk etc.
    So, check your motherboard and CPU whether it's heating any IC on motherboard and CPU is now working fine.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbraken View Post
    Usually, such kind of problems occurred when hardware doesn't work properly like CPU, ram, motherboard, hard disk etc.
    So, check your motherboard and CPU whether it's heating any IC on motherboard and CPU is now working fine.
    Good to know you can copy pretty much what I just said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System hangs because of kaspersky [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed kaspersky server ver 6.0.3.837 in my server 2003 that was good until last 10 days but now I am having a problem with this one . Kaspersky scans the system and utilizes all the memeory and hangs the system up so when we try to access the server remotely we can't because there is no...

Windows 2003 server hangs frequently [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My windows server hangs frequently why And if it hangs out all 50 windows xp clients also stops Responding why?? //

Computer hangs up frequently [ 8 Answers ]

My computer seems to be getting progressively worse about hanging up. Not just one program but several, OE, Netzero, exec, and others. I use cntrl/alt/del and the message simply tells me the program is not responding (well duh!). Sometimes it will even hang up on close down and the only thing to do...

Windows xp hangs frequently [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me... Windows xp keeps getting stuck after every few minutes. Whenever I open the task manager, it shows that a process called svchost.exe is utilizing 100% of my cpu process time. It normalizes if kept idle for some time but the problem reappears.

System hangs [ 2 Answers ]

The problem started yesterday when I open warcraft3.. the system hangs! I format my hdd,installed win xp pro service pack 1 thinking that will solved my problem.. but nothing happens,same problem occur when trying to play warcraft3.. I tried not to install the driver of my video card and it works!...

View more questions Search