Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puzzled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Is it Really Bad Timing?
    I need some advise from some female bloggers...

Recently I've been dating a co-worker who has just ended a 3 1/2 year relationship about 4 months ago. We hit it off great as we have so many
    Things in common especially our outlook in life. However, when things started to get more serious in terms of pursuing a relationship, suddenly she backed off. She's says it's too soon and the timing is bad. She also said that if there is any chance of us making it work, I'll have to give her time.

Now my question is... in telling me it's bad timing, is it a way of telling me she's not interested and I should move on? I've had this happen to me a few times now and I've waited to no avail. By stepping back, there's always the chance of losing her. She is an awesome person, someone who I don't
    Want to lose as I think she is really worth the wait.

Puzzled & patiently waiting... :confused:
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I am a guy... but I have a strong, strong feeling that...

YOU CAME ON TOO STRONG!!

When she said that you should have backed off and moved on... not contact her at all..

Bey $1 million you kept contacting her.

Women need a chase. I amsure you did not give her a chase.

Plus - bad idea to date c-workers... really bad. Don't let this get ugly. Leave her alone - let her figure it out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2006, 12:44 PM
    After 4 months this women is still mourning the break-up of 3 and a half years. No way is this enough time to get rid of old feelings. When time does take its coure no one can say how she will feel about you so in the meantime give her space and move on with the things you do without her. As Wildcat has stated you could have pushed to hard and she wasn't ready for the same kind of relationship you are.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Read tal's thread - he diagnosee this 1000% correctly. You pushed too hard - too soon.

Your interest level - at least to her - always should be a little bit lower than hers... at leas that's how you need to come across.

I bet yours was sky high... and she was just trying to figureo ut if she actually liked you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2006, 06:59 PM
    I don't necessarily think she's telling you that she's not interested and that you should just move on. I think she's telling you exactly what she feels. Given the circumstances it's perfectly logical that she'd want some time before rushing in to anything. Yes, there's the chance that things will never work out but I don't think it's predicated on whether you "wait" or not. I'd just give her the time she needs and, in the meanwhile, live my life as always. Do the things you enjoy, both alone and with others and don't let the consideration of her even be a factor. That certainly won't improve your chances. If anything, constantly pining for her will only hurt your chances. Just let her see through all of this what a fun, friendly guy you are. That'll raise her interest level and make you all the more attractive to her.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 9, 2006, 07:36 PM
    She isn't dating material, in my opinion, since people need at least a year off after a serious involvement and if they don't... run! Dating a co-worker is equally unwise.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Read the last 3 threads - (not mine) - these three have diagnosed this perfectly.

She needs time - give her space... maybe a COUPLE MONTHS!! Months!! Then surprise her one day with a short simple call.

I think you puched when she wasn't ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Timing chain? [ 2 Answers ]

?? My '72 Bonneville has begun to diesel when accelerating. It began just when really pressing hard, but now does it on slow starts from a stop sign. I've put high octane in it, to no avail. It currently has 122K; does it sound like the timing chain's slipped?

Timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

I think it may be my timing belt. I have a 92 honda accord ex. The other day I was driving home and my yellow light came on, I looked it up in my manual and it said it was an emission light. But the car continued to run OK. So I drove it home, about 20 miles and it ran fine. The other day I...

View more questions Search