Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needymom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Washer drains while filling
    My washing machine continues to drain the water out even as I'm trying to fill it to wash. Any suggestions on what to do? Many thanks.
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 22, 2009, 05:07 PM

The drain hose must go up before it enters the drain pipe. If this is a new installation of a washer (including relocation of an old washer), this might be the answer.
    If this washer was already operating correctly then there are are possibly other problems. In this case, repost with more info.
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 22, 2009, 08:16 PM

It sounds like your drain is syphoning the water out as it tries to fill. This is caused by a slow drain or an improperly installed drain hose. Make sure the drain hose is not pushed in to the drain to far. And make sure there is an air vent around the hose where it goes into the drain
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 09:36 PM

Needymom- THE OTHER TWO ARE RIGHT ON THE BUTTON WITH THEIR ANSWER< ANY HOW THAT IS MOST OFTEN THE CAUSE<< THE MACHINE CAN BE TURNED OFF <UNPLUGED OR WHAT EVER AND IF THE DRAIN STAND PIPE IS NOT (39" high off the floor ,THE washer can siphone the water out pretty fast, I believe that if you have the books on the washer it tells you that the drain pipe should be (39 ' high:: GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer just keeps on filling [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. My 5-year-old Kenmore washing machine suddenly stopped sensing when it has reached the proper fill level. Instead of beginning its wash cycle, it just keeps on filling and overflows until I shut it off. When I discovered it, I shut it off and moved the dial to spin, which allowed it to drain....

GE Washer- Will not quit filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ge washer that will not shut off the water when filling. The model number is WDSR2080. Does anyone know what part it is that needs to be repaired? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Washer filling up after spins out [ 1 Answers ]

My washer in the basement fills back up with water after it spins out. The water has just become foul smelling when it returns to the washer. I have already had my septic tank pumped. What else could be the problem?

Washer drains into bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

The washer and tub are in the upstairs bathroom. When washer drains the water is coming up into the tub. The tub is also drains slow toilet and sink in bathroom drain fine. Have ran a snake through. What cause be causing the washer to drain into the tub like it does?

Kenmore washer keeps filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore top loading washer model # 110.26812690. The water keeps filling and won't stop. How do I open the console to reach the water level switch? What and where is the small rubber hose?

View more questions Search