Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Stray cats.
    At my aunty's house they have thirty or more stray cats(she lives in a very small town), and a lot of them get shot at to kill them, my aunty feeds them so they don't get sickand die, but I was wondering what we can do to just... I don't know find them a home... most of them are adorable and friendly! How can I help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 11:27 AM

You could probably help by having them all neutered, but then that expense would be beyond anyone right now.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 06:00 AM
    It's partially related to your situation... check out my thread also called "stray cats"
    You can hire cat traps from your local shelter or they should come out to you to catch them (unless you are in Australia grrrr)

That is no situation for cats to be in, they would be hungry, probably have worms and fleas along with other diseases, if they are friendly then they could be re-homed by the shelter if not, some of them would be put down but if there are that many of them it might actually be better for them (as much as I hate saying that) it's better than them being shot!
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 02:46 PM

Well she called the humansociety and they denied it.. I don't know what was exactly said, but they wouldn't come out. They themselves have trapped some of the kittens and brought them in, or found famiy members that wanted them. And they really don't have them money to spay all of them, because almost everyday one comes, and one goes. She only has about 15 who stay all the time and which are friendly..
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 23, 2009, 07:32 PM

Check out the Alley Cat Allies web site, they may have some information on an organization near you that could help.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 02:38 PM

Would the humansociety not tell us about it? They said they didn't have the time or space to rescue the strays...
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 24, 2009, 02:52 PM

Maybe you can get the cats healthy and organize a little cat show/farm where you give away free cats or sell them. Or maybe you can get a local shealter involved and have the event there.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 02:55 PM

Most the cats are very healthy(at least the ones who come and see us), the other ones just don't trust us... and it has been forever! We don't want to try to hard taming them because Rabies is very high in the area and were scared one of them might have rabies...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

Stray cats [ 37 Answers ]

I'm asking this question on behalf of my mother. They have a patch of bush next to their house and a few weeks ago someone dumped a pregnant cat there. We couldn't get anywhere near the cat to catch it so we called the RSPCA and they said that we had to hire a cat trap for $50 to catch it... we...

Ideas for dealing with stray neighborhood cats? [ 31 Answers ]

We just bought a house and we are moving in in 2 weeks. I have noticed that there are 2 stray cats who hang around the house ALL the time. They walk & sleep on the cars, prowl around and use our yard as a litter box! We have 3 indoor only kittens (all spayed) and I am worried that having these...

Stray cats can they be a health hazard [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a house and found out the cats (at least 5) have been living in the crawl space, I didn't notice the smell until the weather starting to get warmer, but my entire house smell of cat urine!! I don't know how to find out if this has an effect on our health or how to get rid of the...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search