Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sintomas Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Kenmore side by side elite is freezing up
    My Kenmore side by side elite is freezing up, I turned it off and let it melt 2 weeks ago, clean the coil, wipe off the seal and now if frozen agai, this is a 2 year old fridge.
    What's going on?
    Thanks
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 22, 2009, 08:20 PM

There is a problem in the defrost system. If this is a GE built kenmore it is probably the defrost heater. Need the model number to tell the difference.
    sintomas Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan7790 View Post
    There is a problem in the defrost system. If this is a GE built kenmore it is probably the defrost heater. Need the model number to tell the difference.
    Pokefan, here is the model # 106 567 03 500
    Serial # SS 3734874
    I read some advise that when you open the door and press on the lite switch the fan is supposed to stop? Or something , nothing happen when I do that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite side by side (Coldspot) [ 7 Answers ]

I called Sears, they checked it out and said the compressor went out. I think this is the model #106.50503990 It is still running. Sears wants to charge $600 with labor and compressor... where can I find my own compressor and have some one else install it... PLEASE ADVISE.

Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator ice maker not working. [ 1 Answers ]

Fridge works well, Water dispenser works fine but is not as cool. I tried the accelerice setting, no help. I tried manually filling the automatic ice tray dispenser with water in the hopes that something would jump start, nothing. And yes the switch IS on. I have the manual but it does not give...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search