Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngelEyes495 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Cost Recovery Method
    I am working on a homework problem in which a person is being paid for by a 10% interest bearing note. They are accounting for the receivable with the cost recovery method. What is the treatment for the interest received?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
    Under the cost recovery method, both revenues and cost of sales are recognized at the point of sale, but the related gross profit is deferred until all costs of sales have been recovered. Each installment must also be divided between principal and interest, but unlike the installment method where a portion of the principal recovers the cost of sales and the remainder is recognized as gross profit, all of the principal is first applied to recover the cost of the asset sold. After all costs of sales have been recovered, any subsequent cash receipts are realized as gross profit.
    Source: Accounting Tools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J/E for cost method of treasury stock [ 1 Answers ]

Excel Corporation sells & services air conditioning equipment. The following selected accounts Appear in the ledger on January 1, 2005 the beginning of the current fiscal year. Preferred Stock, $50 par, $2 / share dividend (40,000 shares authorized, 20,000 shares issued) ...

Statistical method to use [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to figure out which method to use to find steady state. So I have data that was collected at 38 time points for 12 individuals. I am supposed to find the time point at which steady state was reached. I want to know what is the best method to answer this question. I have tried to...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

Spy-bot recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded spybot search and destroy to get rid of any spyware problems but now when I open my hotmail e-mail account and use eBay boxes are continually popping up say "spybot s&d has blocked the download of "doubleclick" or "avenue A inc". These boxes are a complete pain in the ass and I want to...

View more questions Search