Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crafts1940 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Getting started in crafts
    I am 69 years old. I do a lot of crafting. I would like to put my things on a web site,But not quite sure how to do it. I get started and then get stuck. I read about a site called weebly.com. Then it said something about affiliate products. What are affiliate products?
    I'm not the smartest on this computer but I know a little. Thank-you for your help:confused::confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 09:30 PM

Hi, crafts1940!

I can help you to do what you're trying to do on a website! Affiliate products, to my understanding, is where you agree for posting of advertisers ads on your site, and then you would get paid when people click on the ads. I think that it's also called affiliate marketing. I'm sure that someone else could explain that product and marketing thing better than me, though.

I have a couple of sites on weebly.com, but they're still under construction by me.

You could also post images of what you've done right on this site! I would be glad to show you how you could do that too!

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2009, 09:53 AM

I would be thankful for any help you could give me.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 11:43 AM

Hi again, crafts1940!

I'll be on much later this evening and would enjoy discussing with you about this!

Time here now is about 1:42 P.M. I'm usually on here after 10:00 P.M. Just checking in, now...

Thanks!

Mar 23, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi again, crafts1940!

I'll be on much later this evening and would enjoy discussing with you about this!

Time here now is about 1:42 P.M. I'm usually on here after 10:00 P.M. Just checking in, now...

Thanks!
    Sorry I missed you last night . It's 10:40pm here in Mi. tonight. I will try again to catch you tomorrow night about the same time. I'm trying this weebly site. Have a goodnite.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 11:33 PM

Okay, that sounds great! What time zone are you in, please?

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2009, 07:24 AM

I think it's eastern time right now. My time says 10:20am. Where are you?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 02:48 PM

I'm on the western side of Illinois, so I'm Central Time. I'll be back on here tonight at probably about 11:45 P.M. your time. I have to direct a barbershop chorus rehearsal that goes until 10:00 P.M. my time.

I hope that sort of time isn't too late for you!

Thanks!

Mar 26, 2009, 04:58 PM

I will try to catch you this weekend. Thanks
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 12:10 AM

Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade is also a great site!!
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 12:37 AM

I'm going to try and start another major craft thread here Momma. I hope that you will be a part of it. It just takes some time to coordinate things here...

Thanks!
    Austenfan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 11:40 PM

Yes, I have a jewelry store on etsy. It is an excellent site with marvelous, creative items for sale that are all handmade. I also have a store on eBay. Ebay is more involved to set up. At etsy the hardest thing for me to do was make a banner for my store. I just could not do it. There are people on etsy such as pixelcafe who will make your banner and avatar (a picture symbol for you) for a small charge. Etsy charges very little to post items for sale, something like 20 cents for each posted item and they stay posted for three months. With a mouse click you can relist expired items. So easy. Ebay is a lot more expensive and complicated. Items are posted for sale for 7 or 10 days and you are charged correspondingly higher prices for items that cost more. Try etsy first. It is easy to get started and costs very little. If you like that, then you might be ready to tackle setting up your eBay store. You will want to have a paypal account set up for either etsy or eBay. Go to paypal.com to set one up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crafts for 3rd graders [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter goes to a Christian school and I am room mom. I need to organize a Harvest party and crafts. The school is VERY strict about not having any Halloween items in the classes. Any suggestions? I am especially having a hard time coming up with a craft.:D

What are your crafts? [ 169 Answers ]

Just curious :D

Crafts for candles [ 3 Answers ]

I have a candle business and I am looking for craft ideas to help sell and decorate candles. I have pattern for votive roses but would like to do more. Thank you

View more questions Search