Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthonyjay86 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Prayer...
    I know this may seem like a weird question, but how do I get God to hear me and help me?
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 2, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Hi... God hears everything you say. You don't have to be kneeling (although that is good too), you don't have to have your eyes closed, you just have to be talking to Him. You can pray while you are driving, you can pray while you are walking, you can pray whenever you want to. I pray throughout the day. I talk to God like He is right here in the room with me, because I believe He is or at least His spirit is. God will hear you and you need to have faith in that. He will answer you. He works through others too so there are many ways to receive answers. He will answer some right now and some answers will come with time. Sometimes nothing can be an answer too. Be very specific when praying, leave out no details, ask for exactly what you want. If you pray with a sincere heart, He knows and He will help you. Is there anything we can help with?

Does this help?
    earthpages Posts: 44, Reputation: 6

Sep 2, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    Hi...God hears everything you say.
    I totally agree and would add that you don't even have to vocalize prayer. Just directing your thoughts and heart to God is prayer. Some people don't even think, per se, but just focus their entire being on God... even a brief instant matters. :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
    God always hears you. ALWAYS. Whether it be your thoughts, praying, meditating. God knows everything about. Now comes the true answer. Many times humans have the mistake of wanting things in their own time. Wanting them fast, wanting quick action from God. Then they are disappointing thinking that God did not answer their prayer. When in fact, God knows what is best. He knows what we can handle and I personally know that all of my prayers have been answered. The thing is it does not always happen in the time we want. We can not force things to happen when it is not the right time. Oh, sometimes there is an answer but it does not always mean that the answer is yes. Have faith that God will answer your prayer in his time. That you trust him and completely have faith in him and give all your concerns and worries to him all the time. That you want him to deal with any situation in his way. You will start to see positive changes.

Joe
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Us looking for God is like a fish looking for water! God hears you, I believe, and it takes no special arrangement at all. He even heard you ask that question! :)
    anthonyjay86 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Thanks everyone. It really means a lot to me, and yes this does help a lot!:)

You guys are awesome.
    mrshull2002 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Anthonyjay 86: When we pray to God, he knows what we need even before we ask for it. The way our prayers are answered is what I want to help you understand. He knows what is in your heart, what will happen if those prayers are or are not answered. Sometimes we automatically have our prayers answered, and sometimes it takes years or may never get what we ask. It is about fellowship with God and really what is behind the want or need for the request. He says, my sheep know my voice, and it is true. When we are coming to Him as a child to their Father, then we see things happen.
    angel mage Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjay86
    I know this may seem like a weird question, but how do I get God to hear me and help me?
    God will always hear you no matter what
    HeatherJean Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
    God answers prayers!. maybe not in my time or your time.. but in his time.. Pray to him and Trust in him and believe in him,. I lost my mom 3 months ago, and my father is ill with cancer.. I had a sister that was murdered 19 yrs ago and an arrest was made 19 yrs and 1 month later... I recently in the past year was baptized and saved, and have prayed for justice for the past year... to be honest I didn't have a lot of faith before.. but now the arrest was made this many years later, and I trust and believe in god.. I know someday ill see them again.. and My dad will be in heaven with them soon... God is our Savior..
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
    God hears prayer which comes from a sincere person who honestly seeks his help.
    But God doesn't hear all prayer nor does he unselectively listen to all prayers.

Isaiah 1:15
    And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Proverbs 15:29
    The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jan 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJean
    God answers prayers!.. maybe not in my time or your time.. but in his time..Pray to him and Trust in him and beleive in him, .. I lost my mom 3 months ago, and my father is ill with cancer.. i had a sister that was murdered 19 yrs ago and an arrest was made 19 yrs and 1 month later... I recently in the past year was baptized and saved, and have prayed for justice for the past year....to be honest i didnt have alot of faith before.. but now the arrest was made this many years later, and I trust and beleive in god.. I know someday ill see them again..and My dad will be in heaven with them soon... God is our Savior..
    First, let me offer my condolences for your mother's death. And I pray you will be comforted dealing your father's illness.
    Praise be to God, and all the angels rejoice in Heaven when you became saved!
    I am encouraged to hear that your prayer for justice for your sister has come to fruition. Amazing things begin to happen when one comes to Christ! Welcome, sister in Christ!

Now, I have been saved for 23 yrs. The Lord has answered all of my prayers that I can think of. What is important to me to be thankful for is that He has answered prayers that were IMPORTANT. Really important. So I look at priority when I consider whether something came to pass.
    As a mature Christian(which I consider myself) I can agree with the posters who say that some answers are on "hold" for a reason. In God's Plan it may not be good for us,or it may not be the right time, and we must be patient.
    This is true of one prayer I made over & over for a couple of yrs. Until I finally just "gave it to the Lord" & accepted His sovereign wisdom.
    Every "case" is a different one. My own brother's murder in 1998 has not been solved. We need a miracle there, and these are faceless enemies. It took a good 5 yrs. Not to feel the sadness daily;because there was a soul-tie involved(or we were very close) But this I know, the Lord does heal hearts. But I will always HOPE the phone will ring... someday...

I have a page for anyone to read when they have time regarding PRAYERS
    I think I especially love Philipians 4:5-7, as you will see some verses included in the article.
    Prayers that God Answers - How to Pray - What is Prayer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prayer doesn't help my situation. Can you? [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I keep ending up in dire financial straits. In previous posts, I questioned whether this was luck, past relatives getting revenge, etc. and, with your help, began to really pay closer attention to what goes on between my husband and I. Quite simply, our economic mishaps seem to...

Prayer [ 15 Answers ]

Is it possible to be spiritual and/or religious and never pray? By that I mean praying in the traditional sense... either using your own words to speak to G-d or words in a prayer book. Why I ask is because prayer has always seemed pretty foreign and weird to me. I am quite a non-religious Jew,...

View more questions Search