Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neanie67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband
    Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband whom I'm separated from. Landowner is harassing me and threatening eviction. (Landowner is walking around my yard, blocking my driveway, that has a right of way. Also threatening eviction based on my comings and goings and who I have over at my home. He is trying to control my every little move I make. What are my right's and how can I stop him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2009, 05:01 AM

Are we talking about a mobile home? That's the only way I can see where the strucutre is owned separately from the land.

Is there some sort of document (a lease) in which the property usage has been granted to the owner of the mobile home? That arrangement should govern.

So we need more details.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 07:30 AM

If you own a mobile home on the property of another person, you are bound by the rental or lease agreement. If there is no lease on the property, they may give you notice and evict you and the mobile home from the property.

If you are getting the home in a divorce settlement, then it will be yours, if he gets the home, he can even evict you from the home.

So you will have to make arrangements to have the mobile home moved to other property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I find Information on the person who owned my House [ 4 Answers ]

I feel has if my house is haunted. My youngest cat is always crying up at the celing and her mother is always looking out in to our hall. We can never see anything however bot my neighbours and my brother hve all felt as if sombody had walked over our grave, thiis only happens when the person is...

Want to know who owned my house before me [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I went to the assessors office and they gave me a short list of past owners. Then I went to the library and found more in the city directories. The assess. Office said the house was built in 1928 but the city directory said the first owners were not until the yr. 1930. Why would that be?...

Need to move into owned house [ 2 Answers ]

My wife own a house with her sister and her mom. We are going to foreclose on our house at the end of July and we are going to have to move into the house that her sister currently lives in. I was wonderiong if she can keep us from moving in and keep us away from the house? As it stands right...

Ded passed away, house now owned by stepmother, do I have any rights? [ 5 Answers ]

My father passed away 4 years ago, his will stated that his estate was to divided between me, my brother and my stepmother. Apparently the house automatically went to my stepmother (It wasn't mentioned in the will). My stepmother told me after that the agreement between her and my dad was that if...

I got married on Nov 1. My house owned before marriage is in foreclosure. [ 1 Answers ]

What are the credit risks to my new husband's credit? I owned the home 10 years before I got married on Nov. 1, 2007 and it went into foreclosure after the marriage. We do not live in this home.

View more questions Search