Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    561packrat Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Stump the jetliner afficianado
    Live under the flight path at PBI, always run outside when I hear an odd engine note. This has resulted in some cool sightings, Jet Provost, B-17, C-17, C-5A, V-22 Osprey, F/A-18, Air Force One,ex- Howard Hughes Connie,. But a few days ago spotted one that I didn't recognize,brief glimpse of it overhead going away, looked like a fatter 727 , possibly twin-engine, with very smoky exhaust. It was loud similar to an old model dc-9, flew lower angle during ascent, was rocking its wings over Trump's house before heading over the Atlantic. Was wondering if it might have been an old Soviet or British jet?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Mar 21, 2009, 07:21 AM

Maybe an old short-bodied 727 that just looked fatter.

BAC 111s were not all that fat but the Spey engines sounded pretty distinct. BAC One-Eleven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Have no clue if any still fly.

As you say, other foreign models are certainly possible.
    561packrat Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyYakker View Post
    Maybe an old short-bodied 727 that just looked fatter.

BAC 111s were not all that fat but the Spey engines sounded pretty distinct. BAC One-Eleven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Have no clue if any still fly.

As you say, other foreign models are certainly possible.
    Thanks FlyYakker,took your suggestion and checked out the BAC111 on Wiki. I had observed it from beneath but I could see a resemblance , especially on the wing trailing edges, combined with the text, I think that might very well be the bird I spotted. And learned something, didn't know U.S. carriers operated it. Thanks again, Ken
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Mar 22, 2009, 07:17 PM

561packrat You might find this of interest. Google Earth Hacks - Northrops BAC 1-11 Avionics Testbed at Baltimore airport

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I kill the stump of a palm tree [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am looking for help! I got a Palm Tree cut down a few days ago, I am now left with the stump in the ground, what do I do to poison the stump. Kilronan.

Post Stump [ 4 Answers ]

I placed 4x4 post in the floor of my barn for the purpose of crosstying horses in the gromming stall. After tying the second horse, she freeked out and broke one of the posts. It broke even with the concrete floor and now I need to remove it. I have tried screwing in a 10" lag bolt and using a...

Am I related to Patrick Stump ? [ 2 Answers ]

Could u find out if I'm realted to Patrick Stump, he's the lead singer in a band called fall out boy ?:)

Tree Stump Removal [ 6 Answers ]

I have a large (2 1/2 foot radius) maple tree stump that is about 1 foot above the ground which I want to remove. I had one removal company come in and quote a $750 price to grind it - which I thought was rather high so I would like to explore other ways of removing the stump at a much lower cost....

View more questions Search