Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Toddler and Tuna
    Hello,

I introduced a new food today. Was not sure if an allergy is likely or not.
    Tuna is okay in moderation and wanted to see how my boy would do. He actually ate it for the first time without anything added to it and loved it.

Now say by any chance there is any kind of allergy in what terms would it show up? Its been two hours but I know every time you introduce a new food you have to watch for signs of allergy.

Thank you in advance,

He eats every other food except, peanut butter or anything like that yet and like I said first time tried him with tuna today.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 12:46 PM

Usually, if there was going to be an issue you would have seen it by now and it would have been quite noticeable... trouble breathing, hives, etc.. You may want to watch for changes in bowel movements which may not necessarily be an allergy, but a sensitivity reaction instead.
    The main thing with tuna is not to give too much or too often due to the mercury level. That would go for anyone, but even more so for a toddler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toddler doesn't want to talk [ 9 Answers ]

My 20 month old toddler doesn't want to say words I try to teach him, he doesn't stay focus he just wants to do his own thing I get fustrated. How can I get my toddler interest and focused in learning to talk with out fustrating him to turn away.

Looking for tuna roll recipie [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a site where I could find a tuna roll recipie, please?

Tuna or Sturgeon? [ 1 Answers ]

HI all I am a first timer here so here I go... My family has been discussing the movie The Incredible Mr. Limpet and trying to figure out what kind of fish he is some says Sturgeon the others says tuna. So if anyone out there can answer this conundrum for us we would love it. Thank You Much...

View more questions Search