Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ADPE82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 08:04 AM
    I want to open a small business
    I want to open a tire shop. I wqant to try to get government grants to help me get started but I cannot find a website where I don't have to pay for the info I need. WHAT CAN I DO? :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:39 AM

Hello A:

I don't think there are grants for people who want to open a for profit business. Maybe, if you wanted to fix tires for the disadvantaged for free or at greatly reduced prices, you could. That's why people MAKE grants - to help companies HELP the disadvantaged. They're not there to help the company itself...

There ARE, on the other hand, investors willing to take risks on profit making business. You're going to have to do a business plan in any case, so you might as well go after money that you have a chance of getting...

I'm willing to be wrong. But, I don't think I am.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to open a small business for medical uniform [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am from New Jersey actually from Kendall Park, I am interested opening up a medical uniform business in a strip mall near I live. But I do not know how to get started. Can you give me some clue how to start and much would this cost . Thank You Debbie

Small font when I open something in AOL [ 1 Answers ]

When I open something in AOL the font is very small and can hardly be read. Any idea what I can do? Thanks.

SOL on a Business to Business Small Claims Court [ 6 Answers ]

Our case is that we purchase of a software "PICK" 3 user licence, Oct 1 st 1997. It did not come to our attention that it was illegal till March 2007. We ended up filling a Small Claims court suit for $10,000 for our money back. Today the jugde refused our claim saying SOL had expired,...

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

View more questions Search