Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hj3 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Strut Bars - What to look for
    I was looking at purchasing a strut bar for my vehicle - a Honda Civic. I've seen many options and prices. I've seen some low priced $22.00 strut bars from no-name companies, claiming they use lightweight aircraft quality materials to strut bars well in excess of $200 - $300 that use aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon fiber from well known companies. I even fooled around with the idea of custom fabricating my own strut bar. But from all these options, I've gotten more confused. What should I look for in a strut bar? Because obviously there's a big difference between the lower priced and higher priced bars, and even with custom fabricating, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 06:54 AM

For the money, I would select steel. They all will provide good torsional stiffness.
    hj3 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda Accord strut replacement [ 4 Answers ]

Front Strut replacement. Removing the bolt from the bottom of the damper fork is becoming a problem. After removing the nut, the bolt does not want to come out. I can barely turn it by putting a 17mm 1/2" drive socket on it... this after the nut was removed. I tried hitting it out of the damper...

2000 Ford Taurus Front (Quik) Strut Replacement [ 0 Answers ]

How-to Replace Front Quick Struts on Most Ford Tauruses Strut sale promotions tend to be in April and October. Removal: 1. Loosen lug nuts, raise vehicle, and support securely on jack stands, placed under the sub frame. Remove front wheel. 2. Loosen, but do not remove, three upper...

Kashi bars [ 4 Answers ]

Are the kashi bars good for you. On commercials they say they are but I don't completely believe that. I have tried it before and they are not bad but they just have about 200 calories in one "roll". That's what they call it but its like a bar. Anyone whose tried it or know about it help/

Why don't panels come with ground bars? [ 8 Answers ]

I bought a sub panel last summer. I had to buy and install a ground bar kit. Time after time I read careful instructions here to buy and install a ground bar, mount it with machine screws, and if a main panel, bond it to the neutral. Where would you use a panel that doesn't need an equipment...

Changing rear Strut 93 Tempo [ 1 Answers ]

The rear strut is bad on my 93 Tempo. Instruction on getting it out and replacing? Do I compress the spring before or after removing the old strut? Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search