Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Mar 19, 2009, 06:36 PM
    In need of energy
    All right here is the problem. My boyfriend's mother has been feeling really down, depressed, and pretty damn low on the energy scale. Is there anything she can take to bring up her energy? She does not want to take any anti depressants, energy drinks, or energy shots. She wants some sort of "all natrual" thing she can take. I can't think of ANYTHING! Any advice or suggestions? Please and thank you.

Mar 19, 2009, 07:13 PM

Anyone? Anyone at all?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:27 PM

Vitamin B is good for energy.
    I would also suggest fresh fruit. It is high in antioxidants and is good for maintaining sugar levels.The elderly are prone to drops in sugar.
    Small snack throughout the day are good to keep an even energy.If she can eat nuts they are great source of protein.

Mar 19, 2009, 08:25 PM

Thank you very much. Anyone else have any suggestions to follow up?

Apparently she is taking Vitamin D to keep her calcium up for her kidney's does any of the stuff you guys have or may suggest affect Vitamin D? She said she thinks it's a dumb question but she just wants to make sure.

Anyone?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 09:33 PM

Two things:
    Saint John's Wort and
    Wheat grass

My mom is elderly and refuses to take antidepressants. Saint John's Wort has worked wonders for her. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's definitely natural and worth a try.

Wheat grass my oh my. I use it myself. When I'm dragging my butt, it picks me up. If I've had too much caffeine and am biting people's heads off it calms me right down.

Yes, additional B vitamins are very effective in stabilizing moods. You can't OD on them because they are excreted in urine, which they turn bright yellow.

As far as I know, vitamin D levels are not affected by the above. Your pharmacist, even if your question is about vitamins is an excellent information source.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 09:59 PM

You have to be cautious with herbal medicine as it is medicine.It can interfere with other prescribed medications and can be dangerous.
    It is not FDA approved and should only be used with the knowledge of your physician.
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 1, 2009, 02:11 AM

I think your friend's mother should consider whether she is feeling off-colour because she has an undiagnosed underlying medical condition, creeping up on her in this fashion.
    While I do not want to alarm or discourage you, she would do well to get her blood pressure taken and her urine checked for sugar.
    An abnormal blood pressure and / or diabetes are two conditions which come on rather stealthily, and are often diagnosed when a person goes to a doctor for a general complaint.
    Once these are ruled out, she could definitely take wheat grass / St. John's wort, as has been posted above, by Simone. They are both effective in toning up a person!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 03:38 AM
    To add to what has been said, she should have her blood checked. She may be anemic (low in iron) and this could be causing the problem as well.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2009, 12:08 PM

If you are looking for help with energy. Click on the link in my signature. It has been very helpful in helping me get energy. I tell how I used to feel, and how I felt after I started taking this product. It's natural, simple and convenient.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:46 AM

Something told me to tell you this and that is the reason I signed on here. I was going to put it on your last post but then I saw this post.

I was at a health seminar the other day and Dr. Ray, a chiropractor, was saying that no matter what you do for your health it really will not give you optimal health if the arc in your neck is below 31 degrees. So she should first start at a chiropractor that can get her neck to a 31 to 43 degree arc. http://www.arcoflife.ca/Why_Arc_of_Life.html

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Then tell her to get supplements that do not contain fillers or binders such as magnesium sterate.
    Quantum vitamins are the best because they do not contain the binders and fillers.
    I was taking good vitamins and supplements that contained them and they messed up my T cells.

She probably should also start with some heavy metal and digestive detoxes too.
    She should take a vitamin B complex, omega fatty acid or flaxseed.
    Then balance her PH (alkaline/acid)
    Also multi pollen is a great source for energy as long as she isn't allergic to bee stings or pollen.
    Another product that helped me was taking Adrenaline complex for one month and then switching to Quantum Gold 360

Here is one of their sites
    http://www.phpure.com/categories/healthy_packages.htm

This site is good at explaining PH balance.
    http://www.colonhealth.net/free_reports/fitalert.htm
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 12:33 PM

I think firstly, it would be very wise to have her blood tested, she may be low in iron or it could be hormonal, or maybe she is lacking in a vitamin which a blood test would detect.

If medically everything is fine, then she can decide what she would like to try to improve her stamina.
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

May 7, 2009, 12:03 AM

Have you thought of just getting outdoors? This will boost vitamin D and the sunshine and fresh air seem to be a natural stimulant and mood booster. Take her for a brisk walk around the neighborhood. It is good bonding time for the two of you, and it probably wouldn't be detrimental to your health either!
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 11:41 PM

Hi so I have a good healthy and safe dietary supplement that might just work!

It is called CELL FOOD. IT is liquid and you put 8 drops in 8 oz of water. You drink up to 3 glasses a day if you would like. They have lots of products, but this one is very good for energy levels and keeping you in a great mood!

I Just bought some from whole foods a week ago. All ready my energy level is amazing, I feel happy, and I just feel all around good and healthy. I suggest that you try this, it is for all ages and is 100% natural. Here is a link to check it out NuScience Corporation     Maker of CELLFOOD

Oh yeah one more good one is E3Live.. this is all natural, it is actually algae! Here is the link E3Live - E3Live

Hope this helped.. if you try it, let me know what you think!
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 9, 2009, 06:25 PM
    I use Siberian Ginseng in the winter to prevent colds and have hardly had any colds since I finished school. It also improves energy and helps deal with stress. Can also prevent cancer, type 2 diabetes and regulate blood pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

No energy. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 38 and I always feel slugish, I lack energy and just want to sleep all day if I don't drink coffee or take a pill like presciption diet pills. Since I was 27, I've relied on diet pills and coffee to have energy. I've tried many times to do without coffee or pills but all I want to do is sleep...

Energy [ 2 Answers ]

Is the decomposition of gaseous dinitrogen pentoxide to gaseous nitrogen dioxide and oxygen exothermic or endothermic? How much energy is released or consumed if 11.0g of nitrogen pentoxide is completely decomposed as described?

View more questions Search