Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christnme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Felony I the Army
    I was wondering if my husband can join the army with a felony assault.He never served time .Please inform me and Ill tell you more.
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2009, 06:53 PM

No need to know more.

He needs to speak with his army recruiter, as this is the only person who is properly prepared to deal with his specific situation. It's not unheard of, and waivers have been issued for worse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 07:05 PM

Normally no, but there is always exceptions, they will have to apply and get a waiver for him to join.
    rockergirl412 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 09:53 PM

You have to have a clean record I don't think some one that has a record could be in the arny I know this because my boyfriends in training in S.C to become a army soldier
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockergirl412 View Post
    you have to have a clean record i don't think some one that has a record could be in the arny i know this becuz my boyfriends in training in S.C to become a army soldier
    Not necessarily true. His record might keep him out of the army, might restrict his options of what he can do or might not affect him at all. Its all based on the current needs and recruiting standards and they change all the time.
    ceverest1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 07:19 PM

When I was in AIT, we had a kid who had a few felonies for drug dealing and he was given a waiver to enlist. He could only possess firearms for military duty, so ask the recruiter. It's possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

I See A Army Man [ 4 Answers ]

Okay a couple weeks ago a had a very weird dream. That I was in my home and I walked out on my front porch and saw a guy who looked like he was in an army uniform. I didn't recognize him at all and he didn't seem familiar to anyone I knew. When the guy turned and looked at me I heard a loud gun...

Going into the army! Maybe? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, so I have a new question! To any prior military, or current military, or anyone who can actually answer this one! Is it HIGHLY unlikely for the army to accept a person who has a DUI, implied consent, and a simple assault charge??

Can a us army reserve soldier be deported if he gets convicted with a felony [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can look into this matter I would be so thankful... I served the US Army Reserves but than I was convicted with a drug offense. I received an honorable discharge even though I was convicted with this drug offense. Now I'm trying to get back into the military. If anyone can give me an...

View more questions Search