Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bucmol Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 01:35 PM
    1953 A Five Dollar Silver Certificate Bill
    I recently saw a question posed on this site regarding silver certificate $5 bills. I can't remember the name but a gal asked various questions about someone else's bill.

Mine has no letters after the date, no stars in ser no and the signatures are Ivy Belter Priest and Guc... berry(?). It is in mint condition i.e. no folds, creases rips etc and perfect corners (it looks brand new) It is also cut off center extremely left to right (5/16 edge on left and 1/16 on right) and top to bottom slightly (1/8 on top and 1/16 on bottom)
    Does this matter?

Also, why are some seals located at different locations? This one is more to the left and to the top (points of the seal are above the letters in the word FIVE and just above the bottom of the letters. I have heard it could be worth from $13 upwards to $45. Does anyone know?

Thank you,
    Bucmol
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 12:51 AM

Hi, bucmol!

I did edit your title just a bit. I thought that you were meaning a 1953A bill.

Flying Blue Eagle is an Expert on this site who has the current documentation concerning the possible monetary value of such things. As such, I'm sure that he'll eventually come along to address your questions. Also, in order to make sure that you have all the information that he'll need concerning what you have, please do have a look at the information that can be found via clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collec...ns-303795.html

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 10:41 PM

bucmol - the 1953 silver certificate you are asking about :: the signatures are (priest and humphrey::
    #1655.- vf-20 unc-63
    $ 8.50 $30.00
    #1655 * - $25.00 $ 1655: this is for a star note ::: i am going to guess on one thing on this bill < why does it have the difference in the measurements in it .unless it is a error::note-: shifts or misaligned over prints::
    answer;; while minor error notes will fetch$50.00 to a $hundred over face value ,dependingon on ( the grade the bill is in _ it could be $%)>)) and the other be #100.00 over value of the bill have a nice day and god bless :: f.b.e.
    buzz1369 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
    I have a 1953A five dollar bill with a blue seal signed by (priest) how can I find out value and I also have silver coins dating from the 1940's to 1964 and 2 that I think r from the thirties how and I find out value of them all and where can I go to get them assessed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is my 1935E series silver certificate one dollar bill [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1935E series silver certificate one dollar bill and would like to know how much it is worth.

1928b silver certificate one dollar bill and more. [ 4 Answers ]

I have some old bills that I would like the value of... one being "series of 1928b"silver certificate $1bill.. treasurer is woods.. can't read the other name... I also have series 1957, series 1957a, 1957b... series 1935d, 1935e... and series 1976 $2 bills... all are in perfect condition!

Us dollar bill silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell how much is the 1957 us dollar bill silver certificate worth?

1934 silver certificate 10 dollar bill [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a 1934 series A silver certificate worth? No rips,tears or marks. Only a fold down middle. Blue number ten on left and a yellow seal on right side. Ser.# B01912758A. Signatures look to be M.A. julian above treasurer and Harry Morgan?? jr. >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search