Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbte47 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Example of a high mass star with an iron core?
    What as an example of a star with a high mass, and how does it go from main-sequence to iron core?

Thank you.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 20, 2009, 03:27 AM
    Hello dbte47

The combination of a stable (main-sequence) high mass star and an iron core is rather unlikely.

High mass stars are capable of burning carbon and oxygen and beyond, depending upon their mass. A high mass star may even reach a point where nuclear fusion produces iron. But to do this, energy is not produced but has to be added to the process. Due to the energy need required, the core will collapse under gravitational pressure, and - depending on the mass of the star - will collapse into a neutron star or a black hole. The rest of the star mass will be thrown into space (supernova).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air not going over heater core? [ 6 Answers ]

My 96 honda civic ex 2 door 5 speed blows cold air. The heater core is hot as are the appropriate hoses, the radiator hoses are hot. Thermostat is good. The car is running normal temperature. When selected, the air comes out of the vents selected. The air is cold regardless of the temperature...

Mass of iron in iron tablets redox titrations [ 1 Answers ]

what is the equation for the rection between potassium permanganate and iron oxide in the redox titration to decipher percentage by mass of iron in iron tablets and how do I get the answer from my titration ressults? Cheers

Core duo or core 2 duo [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to ask.. I have 2 options.. to get hp 530 with 1 gega ram core duoor get hp nx7400 core 2 duo also 1 gega ram + hard sata The price is almost douple I need a laptop that can handdel autocad drawings and rendring 3dmax projects I need to know if the hp 530 is okay and I can...

Heater core [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and the mechanic has discovered that the heater core is clogged. The truck has 25,000 miles on it and the coolant level is in the normal range. The coolant is from the factory. What could have caused the clog?

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

View more questions Search