Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherman60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Setting Tile on Shower Floor and Walls
    We are about to begin setting the tile in the shower. Which should we do first? The floor or the walls?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Its best to do the floor first then the walls. This way the wall tile overlaps the floor tile grout joint along the walls. A silcone caulking should be installed in this joint.
    happyday4me Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:48 AM
    What process should be used to set shower floor tiles on previously poured marble shower floor?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Skiberger is correct on both counts. Can you tell us what you used for your backing boards on the walls?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

First Floor Shower Tile Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It...

Installing new tile shower walls [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing new tile on top of a new cultured marble shower pan. I rested the durock on the top lip of the shower pan as directed by company. Its now time to tile the walls. Should I rest the first row of tiles directly on top of the shower pan or should I lift the first row up just a little...

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

View more questions Search