Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diskjokk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Problem removing Cisco VPN Client 4.6
    Hello,

Can anyone give me assistance with how to completely remove the Cisco VPN Client (version 4.6) when the Windows installer cannot remove it?

Please advise. Thank you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 09:01 AM
    This may help:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471...uninstall.html

If you are comfortable editing the Registry.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 1, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Have you tried CCleaner I find it a very helpful FREE app.

Sep 2, 2006, 07:49 AM
    Thanks to both of you. I will try this when I return to work next week. Thanks again. I'll let you know if these things resolved the issue my customer is having.

-diskjokk
    helper_robot Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diskjokk
    Thanks to both of you. I will try this when I return to work next week. Thanks again. I'll let you know if these things resolved the issue my customer is having.

-diskjokk
    Are you having VPN issues? If so I'd recommend you check out Hamachi. I had troubles with Cisco's vpn client myself and I did just what you did: uninstalled. Then a coworker of mine told me about Hamachi and, bam! Problem solved.

Sep 6, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Thanks to all that helped here. I finally got rid of the bugger. Here's how I did it:

Okay so in case anyone has this problem I finally resolved it.
    I basically went through the registry (highlight My Computer first)
    And did a search for the word Cisco and removed every instance of it I
    Could find. There was the InstallService which it would not let me
    Remove but everything else is gone.
    Then I removed all the more recently created oemX.int and oem.pnf files
    Also removed /windows/system32/drives/dne200.ddl
    And /windows/system32/dne
    I also removed anything it had put into
    Startmenu/programs/Alluser/startup
    Also removed the stuff in the temp folder
    So the combonation of all that is what really got it done. And to top it off, I ran CCleaner as Curleyben suggested.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up DSL with router and Cisco IP phone? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, I need help. I currently have DSL at my house but now my boss is sending home a router and a Cisco IP phone and I am not sure how to hook it up. They tried to explain but I do better with graphs or detailed explanations as to what specific wire goes to what jack. Can anyone help me? Here...

Can anyone help on Cisco IOS 12.1 ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, By accident while I was configuring my Cisco router I've deleted the OS, just doing a simple save like : copy run start, and I didn't look at the message, and I pressed Enter, and he deleted the IOS, does any one have a copy from the Cisco IOS 12.1 or higher ? I've a Cisco 800...

Cisco router and Win2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've a big problem and I hope that someone can help me, I've the win2003 server, with DHCP,DNS,RIS,RRAS... etc configured and Two NIC cards, one for the Lan and one for the Wan and I've a static IP address from my ISP. The problem is I've an ADSL line for internet configured on...

Get the Client login name? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I need to get the Client system login name to display in each client pages.. I have tried following code it display nothing.. :( You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%> Please anybody suggest right idea to solve this problem.. jena.

Telnet client. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please help? I'm running AOL9 with windows xp, I've started getting a box on start up c:\windows\system32\mcc.exe With a message in the box Welcome to Microsoft Telnet client Escape character is 'ctrl+]' Microsoft Telnet> I also get a box on the taskbar where I can right click...

View more questions Search