Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tara32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 04:48 AM
    Checking account frozen
    Hi,
    My mother had her bank account frozen due to her credit card situation. Where can she cash her Social Security checks,
    Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 04:57 AM
    In my area local grocery stores will cash them. She should also open a new account at another bank.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2006, 07:54 AM
    I would ask does she still get the physcial check, not the direct deposit ?

But obviously she has a credit problem and needs to sit down with someone and go over all of her bills, and work out a budget.

She as stated can cash her check at the local grocrey store, or various check cashing places in most cities

But she needs to address what and where her problem comes from and start working on that issue.
    Darquechylde Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Depending on the state, she can open a savings account. Most banks will allow that because there is limited access and activity. Then she could have those checks depsoited directly into the account.

Meanwhile, I would suggest as Fr_Chuck did, to figure out how she can resolve the credit issue. So she can have access to a checking account once more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking Account Garnishments [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently surprised that my checking account had been garnished by a creditor for a debt that I owe. I was making payments to the creditor, and then they file for a judgement against me. I don't understand it. Nevertheless, I have a disabled husband, and disabled daughter of which neither...

Checking Account Garnishment Law MO. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single checking account that's is being garnished. 1. No notification that the garnishment was taking place or in affect. 2. My work requires direct deposit. 3. Every dime I make is gone the moment it is deposited. 4. I went to court about a year ago and signed saying I agreed...

Checking Account Garnishmennt [ 11 Answers ]

1. I have two checking accounts at a particular bank 2. I am the primary account holder on both 3. My sister is a joint (secondary) account holder on both 4. My sister had some credit problems 5. Her creditor garnished an account she had, and 6. Both of mine since her name appeared on them...

Locked Out Checking Account [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. I have my daughter on my checking account. Capital One issued a garnishment against her that froze my accounts. They are telling her she has to request a hearing asking for the account to be unfrozen but also must be able to prove that the money in the account is not hers. ...

View more questions Search