Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dovedale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 11:55 PM
    Breeding Indian Ringnecks
    HI
    Could someone please tell me weather I can keep to breeding pairs
    Of indian ringneck parrots in the same cage, or do I have to separate the two pairs
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 21, 2009, 09:56 AM
    If you have a Very Large Aviary and they are NOT breeding at the time they can be in the same aviary.

However when breeding or if your cage is a normal size than No they should not be in same cage.

Please just a note before breeding these birds make sure that you have done your home work about breeding and have a vet or breeder teach you hands on about handfeeding. It is good to have a mentor if you are just learning. Also make sure to prime the parents with a good diet for at least 6 months and even longer if they are just gotten from another breeder or pet shop
    You can do a Google search for good info for breeding this species.

Good Luck
    Dovedale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 11:29 AM

Hi thank you for that I found out last night after a extensive Google search not to put pairs in together,
    We build the avairys ourselves so they are quite big.
    And I have done tons of reserch on these birds before I even attepted to find a breeding pair and I have also handreared one before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breeding indian ringneck [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a proven pair lutino ringneck, my male always makes a mating calls, the female always inside the nestbox, I don't know what she is doing in there, haven't seen them mate yet, but one day I saw the female droppings as liquified and more but normal colors, it maybe a sign that she is...

Housing and breeding ringnecks [ 1 Answers ]

hi I have 3 pairs of ringnecks. pair 1 lutino hen / creamino cock pair 2 blue hen / green yellow headed cock pair 3 green hen / lutino cock can you tell me whast sort of colours I will get from pair 2 & 3. can you tell me the size of an aviary I need for them

Breeding Indian Ringneck Parakeets [ 4 Answers ]

I have two Indian Ringnecks, male and female. The male is still a little young but they are definitely paired... well, protective of their cage. The female bites me unless she is allowed to come out on her own, and she never did this before. Before I build them a nest box I was hoping that someone...

Breeding [ 7 Answers ]

If My Pitbull tied with my golden retriever and then the next day tied with a lab what would the pups be. Is it possible to have pups from both the GR and Lab?

View more questions Search