Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle baber Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Adoption a step child
    How can I go about getting some one to give up his right to his son that he don't won't anything to do with so my husband can adopt him?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:08 PM

You ask him to sign the papers OR you tell him if he allows the child to be adopted he will no longer have to pay child support.

Otherwise there is little you can do.

Mar 18, 2009, 06:12 PM

How do I get him to sign them over

Mar 18, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Adoption step son
    OK how do I get him to sign his right over
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:29 PM

You have your lawyer serve him with adoption papers.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 07:21 PM

You can't MAKE someone sign over their parental rights.

Period.

You can ask, you can inform that he wouldn't have to pay child support after the adoption was complete, or you can beg.

But you can't MAKE him sign away his rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step dad adoption [ 3 Answers ]

I have a four year old son, he's father hasn't bothered since he was 1. His father was violent and aggressive and had a restraining order on him. I have now been with my new partner for a year and a half and we are getting married in 2010, can we start the adoption process now, so when we are...

Step adoption [ 3 Answers ]

I chose not to have any contact with my biological father, and have been raised by my step dad since I was young. I was wondering if my step dad could adopt me without my real dad's consent if I am over the age of 18.

Child abandonment/ termination of parental rights/ step mother adoption ? [ 2 Answers ]

MY husbands exwife give birth to his(our) daughter in Feb of 2006. He was in Iraq and she did not notify him of the birth. She was using crystal meth and the baby was born addicted. Someone notified the red cross after seeing her military ID and a month later my husband found out. The baby went...

Step Child Adoption [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter has a 19 month old daughter. The father's name is not on the birth certificate. He has never seen the child, paid any money or ever attempted to see the child. She is getting married in 10 months and her husband to be wants to adopt my grand daughter. Since the father is not on the...

Step son adoption [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my daughter has a son 9 years old and he has not seen his biological father since he was 2 weeks old when he sold of all his and my daughters possessions and ran off with another girl leaving my daughter his wife and his son penniless. She divorced him 12 months later changing her name back to...

View more questions Search