Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vpayne0414 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Emancipation in SC
    How old do I have to be to get an emacipation? & what are the steps I need to proceed with in order to follow through with this proclamation? (south carolina)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 04:59 PM

You have a long wait. Its not until 21.

South Carolina Emancipation of Minor Law Law Summary and Law Digest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Emancipation Right for me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering if emancipation was right for me, my parents have put a complete lockdown on me for over three months now, and I'm still in school, I want to be with my friend but they alwys say no, so when I sneak out it is very scary if they find out because my father scares me allot....

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm going to be 16 in like 8 months I haven't lived with my parents for the past 2 years. I have been living with my grandparents. Im not at their house very much I pretty much only sleep and shower here. So would it be easy for me to get the courts to emancipate me when I turn 16?I have a job...

Can I be emancipation now [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 going on 17 January 1 2008 and I want to be emanciapted because in my house there are so many people in a two bedroom and then it seems like everything I do is wrong and they yell at me for no reason what should I do.:mad: :confused: :( :( :( I could be getting good grades and they say...

Emancipation at 16 [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Miranda and I am 16 years old from Rapid City, South Dakota. I've lived between 3 family members (mom, dad, and aunt) throughout my entire life. I mentally and emotionally can not deal with my family anymore. I was wondering if I could become emancipated without either of my parents...

View more questions Search