Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JTnumber3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Suggestions to remove blue veins around the eyes?
    Hello everyone,

I live in the U.S. and currently living in California. I am a sixteen year old male and I've been dealing with looking in the mirror every day and looking at the two blue veins that make my eyes look pitch dark. I unfortunately have been using concealer for a year now, to reduce the look of the dark circles which actually helped in a little way... I've purchased many creams from stores and online and nothing helped at all!

I've read many comments from people that have the same problems as I have, but unfortunately I am under aged to purchase anything online without a credit card and I don't have a car so I can't drive to AZ or LA to see these special doctors with great reviews.

I was hoping in a way that someone could give me advice besides the annoying (get a lot of sleep, drink lots of water, get a lot of oxygen, cover your eyes with cucumbers, and so on.. ). I was wondering if I would be old enough to get laser treatment to remove the veins under both of my eyes, or if there is anything that is a little less pricy that could help remove the veins or at least reduce the darkness around my eyes! I am not being desperate about the situation, but it is time now that I took some serious actions.

I hope someone comes through, TY :)))
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 03:17 PM

visine unless there is something seriously wrong with your eyes. Can't you tell your parents you have a problem with the way your eyes look ? Or am I missing something here. Usually my son and I talked everything out even though we were both busy with school and work. It never seemed to be a problem and always worked.

So where are you coming from ?

Tick
    JTnumber3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 03:44 PM

There isn't anything wrong with my eyes, only that I began to notice blue veins around my eyes at age 12 and I currently have them. The blue veins under my eyes enables around my eyes to look very dark like I haven't had any sleep or if I got punched in the eye.

And yes, I will talk to my mom about the vein problem to see if she has any suggestions. I believe they will tell me that it is not a big deal or having the lasers is not necessary. Well I will see how it will turn out.

If you have any recommendations, can you suggest? TY ;)
    da gurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JTnumber3 View Post
    There isn't anything wrong with my eyes, only that i began to notice blue veins around my eyes at age 12 and i currently have them. The blue veins under my eyes enables around my eyes to look very dark like i haven't had any sleep or if i got punched in the eye.

And yes, i will talk to my mom about the vein problem to see if she has any suggestions. I believe they will tell me that it is not a big deal or having the lasers is not necessary. Well i will see how it will turn out.

If you have any recommendations, can you suggest? TY ;)
    I have the same problem as you. Ever since I was around 12 I began to notice dark circles under my eyes. I have tried everything. Nothing seems to work. I am currently 18 and the dark circles under my eyes seem to get worse. The dark circles does not annoy me as much as the viens under my eyes. I might perform laser surgery. I dnk yet. When I was young my mom thought I got punched in the eyes in school but over the years she noticed it was a part of me. I hate it when people tell me that I have not slept. When truly I sleep all the time but that's not the problem. Its my genes next week I have an appointment and I want to see what there going to tell me. I have a lot of viens under my eyes. Nothing covers it up at all its still noticeable.
    charlize242 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by da gurl View Post
    i have the same problem as you. ever since i was around 12 i began to notice dark circles under my eyes. i have tried everything. nothing seems to work. i am currently 18 and the dark circles under my eyes seem to get worse. the dark circles does not annoy me as much as the viens under my eyes. i might perform laser surgery. i dnk yet. when i was young my mom thought i got punched in the eyes in school but over the years she noticed it was a part of me. i hate it when people tell me that i have not slept. when truly i sleep all the time but thats not the problem. its my genes next week i have an appointment and i want to see what there going to tell me. i have alot of viens under my eyes. nothing covers it up at all its still noticeable.
    Hello da girl, I have exactly the same problem. How was your appointment and are you still suffering from these veins or could the veins be removed successfully?

Oct 18, 2009, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigetto View Post
    Same problem.

Follow this link, and answer, comment, post on it .
    charlize could I have your email contact?

Hi Gigetto, I do not have a valid e-mail address at the moment but I will have one very soon but if possible let me know your e-mail address and I will send you a message as soon as I have an account available which shoud be by end of this week I guess. Looking forward hearing from you. Charlize
    ksblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 17, 2010, 01:15 PM

Hi had the same issue a dark blue vein in the eye bag - and constant remarks from people about black eyes - u that I look tired.
    I Thought it would never go away - until I found the private clinic in harley street London , they use a laser that zaps the vein and which simulutes the zein - bascially it's a mass of clotted blood what's making it look bad the laser breaks up that blood and moves it along - I had it a week back and it worked in one treatment . £250 - and it's the best money I'll ever spent! Apparently the dark blue ones are the easiest to treat.
    The treatment was quite painful like multiple bee stings but no pain no gain! And its only 15 minutes.
    I had a black eye for a few days after , but had about 12 zaps on it.
    I read similar posts that pointed in me in that direction so thanks to others that posted.
    I hope this can help some one else !
    jmarigarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 08:36 PM

I have good news for everyone that is concerned with veins around their eyes. I went to Dr. Sarraf in Mclean, VA, and the veins I had around my eyes for so many years disappeared within minutes! He used a laser and it wasn't that painful and I didn't even bruise. Just some redness and swelling for 2 days that people didn't even notice. That afternoon after my treatment and the following day, I kept looking in the mirror because I couldn't believe they were gone! He said he could also take care of 2-3 big veins that run from my right temple to the hair line on the top of my forehead, but I told him I would wait to see what happened to the ones he treated first. He only charged me $300 and it was the best money I ever spent because my eyes look so much brighter and rested now :) If you need more information, please let me know. And if you go to him, please tell him that Juana sent you, as I told him if it worked, I would tell a lot of people :)

May 10, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarigarcia View Post
    I have good news for everyone that is concerned with veins around their eyes. I went to Dr. Sarraf in Mclean, VA, and the veins I had around my eyes for so many years disappeared within minutes! He used a laser and it wasn't that painful and I didn't even bruise. Just some redness and swelling for 2 days that people didn't even notice. That afternoon after my treatment and the following day, I kept looking in the mirror because I couldn't believe they were gone!! He said he could also take care of 2-3 big veins that run from my right temple to the hair line on the top of my forehead, but I told him I would wait to see what happened to the ones he treated first. He only charged me $300 and it was the best money I ever spent because my eyes look so much brighter and rested now :) If you need more information, please let me know. And if you go to him, please tell him that Juana sent you, as I told him if it worked, I would tell a lot of people :)
    Hi jmarigarcia,
    Thanks so much for message. Is there a webside of Dr. Sarraf available and what laser did he use? Great to hear that you got rid of your blue veins!! Charlize
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

May 30, 2010, 10:12 AM

Get enough sleep. Drink enough water. Use eye creams at any age and be extremely careful what you put on the skin under your eye because it is very sensative.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jun 3, 2010, 01:48 PM

In general you should from any age, always use an under eye cream!
    ruth72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Comment on ksblue's post
    Can u tell me what laser they used to do this
    Christy_30 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem since I was born, now I'm 30. I went to a plastic surgeon expert in gemini laser and have been getting laser treatment. I've done 2 sessions already and it disappearing little by little. It cost $200 per session and is the safest treatment so far since is so close to the eyes.

Jul 30, 2010, 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem since I was born, now I'm 30. I went to a plastic surgeon expert in gemini laser and have been getting laser treatment. I've done 2 sessions already and it disappearing little by little. It cost $200 per session and is the safest treatment so far since is so close to the eyes.

Jul 30, 2010, 09:57 AM

Hi I'm 30 and have the same problem and finally went to a plastic surgeon expert in gemini laser. Is the safest treatment since is close to the eyes. I've done 2 treatments and the veins have shrunk 80% but still visible. I hope it keeps improving. The treatments cost $200 per session which last like 10-15 minutes.
    mickey448 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Comment on ksblue's post
    Hi ksblue,
    Could you tell me the name of the clinic please.I have the same broblem for years
    Thanks
    gshernandez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 03:45 AM
    Hi everyone!! I have the same problem as yours... but that was two months ago!! I have this dilated vein in my right eye and it really looks annoying. It's so dilated you can really see the color green running below my lower eye!! But thanks to my dermatologist, I have undergone cool glide laser treatment for two sessions, 1 month apart and the vein in my eyes are gone for good!! Of course it hurts like hell but it's worth your money...
    By the way I am a Filipina and my dermatologist is really good!!
    im NOT happy:( Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarigarcia View Post
    I have good news for everyone that is concerned with veins around their eyes. I went to Dr. Sarraf in Mclean, VA, and the veins I had around my eyes for so many years disappeared within minutes! He used a laser and it wasn't that painful and I didn't even bruise. Just some redness and swelling for 2 days that people didn't even notice. That afternoon after my treatment and the following day, I kept looking in the mirror because I couldn't believe they were gone!! He said he could also take care of 2-3 big veins that run from my right temple to the hair line on the top of my forehead, but I told him I would wait to see what happened to the ones he treated first. He only charged me $300 and it was the best money I ever spent because my eyes look so much brighter and rested now :) If you need more information, please let me know. And if you go to him, please tell him that Juana sent you, as I told him if it worked, I would tell a lot of people :)

Wow, I'm jealous lol.Ugh I did the laser under both my eyes & now I have a brownish discoloration underneath my eyes! Seriously, now I have to deal with this? But I have to admit the veins underneath under my right eye have improved! The left prob need more work.Did you expiercence any brushing or brown discolorations? I'm in Toronto, Canada.I wish somebody could help this has been troubling me for 5 years now! Thanks, Be well:)
    AllDayKK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 09:40 PM
    I would like to add to this! Great post by the way!

I also was a sufferer of this syndrome for the LONGEST TIME! It literally ate away all myself confidence. It consumed my day to day life, and thoughts. Every time I looked in the mirror, all I saw were big blue veins under my eyes, bad on both sides but extremely pronounced on the right. Bad to the point I stopped looking at myself in the mirror. I already have dark circles so with the veins at some points I literally got asked if I had been punched in the eye, sometimes in groups of people.

"No, my skin is just naturally like this."

Uggh, how embarrassing! Im a guy so no make up no hiding it. I truly believe it also ruined my one chance with the only girl I ever met I thought I could marry. I bet if she saw me now.. things would be an entirely different story, but I digress..

Anyway, I used to search ALL these threads online and search Google looking for help. I finally found mine!

Thuy Nguyen (her name is pronounced Twee) at Wake Up Beautiful at
    30100 Town Center Drive #S
    Laguna Niguel CA, 92677
    949-305-9912

I have gone in for several appointments for laser vein removal ( I had big thick visible veins, if this is the case, it can take several sessions to get them COMPLETELY GONE, although each session they will fade quite a noticeable bit)

She literally helped change my life! I just finished my last session recently and it feels SOOOOOO GOOD to be vein free. The confidence to know people are looking at my normal face when talking and not staring at my veins like I know they probably did before.

I highly recommend her services to ANYONE, I know if you have the same problem I did it sucks to go on with it.

I am just one ULTRA satisfied patient, wishing everyone with my same ailment could get the treatment I did. I didn't even know about laser eye vein removal until recently! Call her today to set up a consultation, if you did, tell her you heard about her from Christian (thats my name)

I really hope this post can benefit people, living vein free literally restored my confidence I had lost!
    AllDayKK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
    Also feel free to pm me with any questions, I would like nothing more then to help allocate and assist someone who has the same problem as I used to. Its such a terrible feeling to have a stupid natural problem you can do nothing about by yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Blue veins under my eyes [ 111 Answers ]

Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye there's serious risks. I was just wondering if...

Veins under eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a guy, and although I'm not overly bothered about my appearance, recently people have been remarking on the veins under my eyes, (they're not dark circles, just quite prominent veins.) I was just wondering if there's any way I can get rid of them, i.e. lasered and how much that would cost...

Veins under eyes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am a 21 year old young lady, and I've been noticing some veins under my eyes. Can someone tell me how to get rid of them please.

View more questions Search