Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeimprovementwarrior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Bathroom sink drain trap
    I've installed a new bathroom vanity. The drain line, which comes through the floor, not the wall, is in the exact center of the vanity; the drain from the sink is likewise centered. How do I install a trap given the two pipe are centered exactly above one another and are not offset? Do I even need a trap for that matter? (The drain ties-in to a shower line.) Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2006, 05:01 PM
    "How do I install a trap given the two pipe are centered exactly above one another and are not offset?"

You get creative and offset the "S" trap. Depending on the size of your pipes get a couple of 45's, a slip to compression fitting and some pipe and build a off set at the base of the chrome "S" trap. When you're connected to the drain pipe then cut the trap back and connect the offset with the compression fitting. Sound like a plan? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak in new bathroom sink drain [ 12 Answers ]

I spent the morning removing my old sink drain and replacing it with a new one. After attaching everything I noted a persistent leak in the pipe at the middle of the new drain. I checked all of the connections, and it does not seem to be coming from these areas. It appears that the leak is...

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

Clogged bathroom Sink Drain [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink will not drain all the way. Had plumber in who put snake down drain from under sink and then removed toilet to enter from that end. Was told that the snake could break my lead pipe under the floor so he stopped and said that he had to break up the floor and replace entire pipe. ...

Bathroom Sink Filling From Drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've got quite a situation going here. I own a townhouse, and have a second floor bedroom/bath that is rarely used. About a week ago I went into that bathroom to discover that the sink was full of a coppery colored water, and sediment coated the sink. Apparently it had also overflowed at some...

View more questions Search