Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derwent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 11:00 AM
    XCEL - number shows as date
    On some of my excel spreadsheets, an amount typed in sterling shows as a date e.g. 10.00will show as 10.00.2000. I can correct by going to format but it only corrects the single entry even if I select the whole column - any assistance much appreciated.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:56 PM

You don't say which version of Excel you have, but the problem is simply a matter of formatting. Try right-clicking on the column and select "Format Cells". The first tab says "Number". It likely will have "Date" highlighted. Select "General" or some other entry if one is more appropriate.

I tested this using Excel 2002 and Excel 2007 and both of them have the "Format Cells" entry under a right-click.
    derwent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 02:42 AM
    Many thanks for your help Perito - it worked a treat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He shows himself after 2yrs ,on our Anniversary date [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean when your X BF comes around your town to be seen on the date of us meeting, and after 2yrs of not seeing him, Did he want me to see him ? He was alone , he is a narcissist the chances of running in to him , and I did ? Weird , what is your opinion ?

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search