Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tahlia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
    My Truck
    I have A 2000 Dodge Ram1500 4x4 Extended cab. I don't really know what happened to it butall of my gauges went haywire on me. I checked all the fuses but they are OK? Any Idea what else it could Be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 07:56 AM
    When you turn your ignition ON, take a DMM and check the voltage readings at a number of sensors. This should help you determine if your ECU (computer) is responsible.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 09:01 AM
    I would begin by calling several Dodge service managers and see if they can shed light on the situation. After that, I would study a wiring diagram, which might give you an idea of likely culprits. Next, I would start checking out the electrical harness going to the instrument cluster. Finally, I would remove the instrument cluster and see what I could find. Because of complexity, whole units sometimes have to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck Overheating [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 96 Ford F 150 which is overheating. I had the radiator rebored about a year ago. It overheated about a month ago and when I opened the cap it spewed for a short time. I added anti freeze and water. Then, it was OK for about a month. It has started again. I checked the water...

Truck Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine has a 2004 Dodge Ram. She recently ran into a problem where her AC was working as long as she was not idle. Becoming idle, the AC would stop. Someone checked it out for her and told her that the raeson was that a fuse had blown and with that that the fan was not working. Can...

Need to get rid of my truck... [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a mess with my truck. I bought a $35,000 truck about 4 months ago. Well, I just lost my job. Even if I find another job, the salary I'll be making will not be the same or enough to make the payments. I know if I take the truck back I'll screwup my credit, but I have to get out from under...

Put a lien on his truck? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex owes me aprox $4.500.00 from our divorce back in 1999. I never pressed the issue but recently I did him a favor & loaned him some $$ just to have him laugh & say he doesn't plan to pay it back because I can't prove it. Well I can't prove the latest loan but I do have the divorce papers saying...

Stolen Truck [ 7 Answers ]

My Fathers Truck Was Stolen 5 Month Back, Filed A Report Called Back 12 Time More The First Month And No Word, I Had A Phone Call From A Auto Place Stating That They Had The Truck That It Was Towed By The Same Police Department We Made The Report At, They Said That The Truck Was Never Reported...

View more questions Search