Ask
    erh341 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Background checks

How far back do an employer go on your criminal background check
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2009, 10:31 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

How thorough a check is based on the employer and the type of position. Generally, employers use a service to run such checks and a criminal check will reveal any and all criminal activity.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 12:18 PM

Not totally sure, I think it would depend on the crime.

Some petty crimes in the uk.. used to stay on file for at least 7 years but the law changes all the time, it could be different now.

Sexual crimes would be held on record always.

There are special criminal checks that will apply to many jobs in care.. ie.. child care ederly people, hospitals, schools to name but a few, a lot will depend on the type of job applied for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am a student at Kaplan university and I have a question about hiring based on a background check for my paper. Is it illegal to hire someone for an applicant that has been charged and served jail time for possession of illicit drugs on one occasion.

Background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I have 3 questions that involves teaching for the state of Florida if anyone should know. 1. How far do background checks go for prospective teachers? Meaning, do they only look at "convictions" and not arrests? 2. This question is for those who are familiar with the question process...

Fbi background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know what a fbi fingerprint background check includes. I have a pending charge that's about 5 years old now. Misdeamenor possession.

Fbi background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Will an arrest warrant on small local scale show up in a fbi fingerprint background check? No conviction. I received a citation and was given a court date.

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?

View more questions Search