Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yinfod Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:09 AM
    Samsung plasma screen goes black
    My Samsung plasma screen goes black after it has been on for a few minutes,there is sound still,but after about 2-3 minutes the picture appears for a few minutes than the screen goes black again,than it flickers untile the screen is completely black but there is always sound. I have a PS2 & cable TV hocked up to the TV.:(:confused:
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 18, 2009, 04:14 AM
    Hello yinfod

Sounds like a bad PC board contact that occurs when something warms up.
    Best to ask your dealer to see if it can be repeared.
    Did you try what we did in the early days of tube radio and TV? (Just a big smash against the housing).
    Sometimes works, but does not solve the problem!

Mar 18, 2009, 04:14 AM
    My Samsung plasma screen goes black after it has been on for a few minutes,there is sound still,but after about 2-3 minutes the picture appears for a few minutes than the screen goes black again,than it flickers untile the screen is completely black but there is always sound. I have a PS2 & cable TV hocked up to the TV.:(:confused

Mar 18, 2009, 04:19 AM

Do you have any idea on a cost to replace PC board or where I can purchase one,thanks...

Mar 18, 2009, 04:24 AM
    Do you have any idea of a cost of a PC board for a samsaug plasma TV
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 18, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Hello yinfod

Don't you have a dealer around?
    You can ask a repair shop for the price of your PC board, but why don't you ask them for a quotation first? May be they can repair the board (I frequently repair boards).
    The price for spareparts and boards depend on the supplier, and change between brands and screen sizes.

Note : that the sound has no problem indicates that the fault may be in either part of the power supply for display, or in the video processing and display section itself.

What happens when you smash the cabinet when the display is black?
    bordetl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:18 PM
    I have same problem -- when you hit the cabinet (not very hard) it comes back on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black bar in center of Panasonic plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a 50" Panasonic Plasma flatscreen for about 18 months. Yesterday when we switched it on, it had a black bar about 2" wide extending about 2/3 down the screen, right in the center. We tried different modes, different power jacks, etc. Nothing changes it. The TV works fine except for...

Samsung plasma connection to sony laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my computer Sony Viao vgn-sz780 to my Samsung TV pn42a450p1d via a VGA cable. It worked one time before but when I repeat the steps to do it again it doesn't work. I can get my TV to have a PC source but it keeps saying "check signal cable" or "no signal." I have installed...

Plasma or LCD for new flat screen ? [ 4 Answers ]

What are the pros & cons of Plasma vs LCD for a den flat screen TV

Blue screen on plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Pioneer plasma TV Kuro 60 inch Plasma, and its started doing funny things when I changed the channel. Then the picture turned blue. What do you think the problem is? THANKS, bucky802

View more questions Search