Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 03:47 PM
    How long should I stay in this Phlebotomy Internship?
    I've been working towards a certificate in Phlebotomy, and I'm 3 weeks away from obtaining it! My school didn't offer any internships, but luckily my aunt used to work for a small clinic, and got me an internship. I'm the only phlebotomist there!

It's an unpaid Internship, and it's everyday 9am - 1PM.
    I got my own office but it's not what I would exactly call a "ideal" environment to learn. The offices are a mess, and I was going through the equipment today, and some needles were expired! The chair they have the patient sit on is a regular chair and offers no support for their arms or in case someone happens to faint.
    The doctor who owns the practice isn't very clear about filling out requisition slips, and it starting to get frustrating. He let's me do whatever I want, and I find myself often correcting HIS mistakes. It seems that everyone is TOO busy to answer questions that I might have, and although it's good experience for drawing blood. I just don't know if I'm getting much out of this experience.
    I know that most labs require experience so that you can work for them, and this is the reason why I took this internship.

How long do you think I should stay?
    What do you think would be the best amount of time so that other people will want to hire me? Do you have any advice at all?
    Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 04:30 PM

I would till you get your certificate, then you could see if they want to keep you as a paid employee ( if one is needed)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long stay in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how long methodone stays in urine if there is no build up and you have to take a drug test 4 days later?

Ac won't stay on long enough [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your reply for my previous question my new problem is I called the ac tech regarding the work he did adding freon and cleaning the coil, and he was out of town so he sent his friend to come check the ac after he checked it he said my fan blower and my fan relay are no good that both...

Phlebotomy ? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a website where I can find not only the new correct Order of Draw, but also can tell me the color of tube to be used for each blood test ordered ? Thank You.

How long must they stay? [ 1 Answers ]

What period must I allow my tenants to 'stay' in my residence after being served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent? Is the time frame the same throughout the State of Texas or does it vary by county?

View more questions Search