Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ed coogan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Length of time for a right of way to exist
    I have a lot that had a right of way from 40 years ago. It has never been used for anything. Can the city now come in and have rights, after 40 years?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 10:51 AM

The city always had "rights" since you did not go and ask for the right of way to be deeded to you. So yes, you may try and get a injunction to stop them and then go asking for ownership.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2009, 11:13 AM

A right of way or easement is part of the recorded deed for a property. It is attached to the property in perpituity. However, if property owner made use of the right of way for their own purposes (i.e. fenced it off), they might be able to cancel the easement by right of adverse possession.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Length of time to request a validation of debt [ 1 Answers ]

I looked at my credit report recently and saw a couple of negative items on my report. I sent the collection agencies a request for validation the debt. They responded back that it was past the 30 days that I was allowed to respond and that they will keep contacting me about the debt and keep it...

Opiates length of time in system [ 4 Answers ]

How long will I test positive for opiates after I have been weened off by my doctor?

Length of time for a Medical Claim [ 3 Answers ]

My check was garnished by a law firm for a local hospital, I had no idea as I had called the hospital and they told me it had been written off. The dates of service were 1994 and 1998. Can you provide me with info?

Length of time for primary residence [ 2 Answers ]

What is the length of time required by law that you need to be in a house (as your primary residence) before you can sell it?

View more questions Search