Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patti g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Laminate flooring problems
    Have you ever heard about using a t-bar when installing laminate flooring. We just remodeled and had the floor professionally installed . Some spots seem to be rippling. The had an inspector come in and verified the installation is good,level,there is a 1/4 in gap around perimeter. It's a top of the line Shaw flooring glueless w/pad They will not stand behind warranty because they say these t-bars must be installed at every doorway smaller than 6feet and this will take care of the problem what's your opinion
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2006, 07:46 AM
    I don't buy it. To be sure, though, you need to check the written warrantee.

I did the top of the line Shaw laminate (glue together) a few years ago and did not use t-bar in the one doorway I used it in and I've not had any problems.

If you do find that the warrentee calls for it in the doorways, though, you may want to bring this up with the installer. I would expect an installer to follow the manufacturers recommendation - and especially install it in a manner that would not void the warrantee.

Look close at your warrantee to see what it actually says in writing.
    billjone Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 06:08 AM
    Thanks for the answer, I have now switched thoughts from laminate flooring to hardwood flooring unfinished hardwood seems to be a better option and I am thinking of buying it from flooring santa rosa. They offer flooring at discounted rates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Wood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just recently installed laminate wood flooring throughout the house. Can someone please recommend how to clean these floors? Some people have said just spray a little water and damp mop. Can it be cleaned with any kind of cleaner? I just bought some Murphy's Oil for wood floors but on...

Problems with laminate flooring [ 6 Answers ]

Before I go back to the place that installed my laminate floors, I need to know if there is something I can do. It is so hard to set up a time with them to come back out. There are a few planks that are slightly up at the corners and do not lay flat. When I swiffer, it snags. I have tried...

Laying laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of laying laminate flooring in a bathroom and need to cut the laminate to fit around the base of the toilet and the basin pedestal. Is there any gadgets that you can buy to help create a template? Alternatively, has anyone got any advice on how this can best be achieved. I'm...

Question about laminate flooring, using 2 diff kinds [ 6 Answers ]

Currently our house has a Victorian style laminate floor in the Kitchen. The kitchen floor meets the carpet of the living room in a doorway. I was was wondering if anyone has used a different type of laminate flooring where it would meet with another room of a different pattern? The kitchen...

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search