Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sebastian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 04:34 AM
    Dryer slow drying, terrible moldy smell
    I've got an 8 year old whirlpool electric dryer that's been cantankerous for a while. It's taking a few dryer cycles to dry clothes, and it smells awful. Very bad. Like mold. I disassembled the whole thing last night and didn't find anything off - no lint blockages, the heating elements very hot (seemed like a good idea at the time to touch it), the fan is drawing vaccuum and exhausting properly through the vent. My first inclination is that the venting duct through the wall is blocked, so I've disconnected the dryer from the wall vent and am just venting directly through an outside door to see if that does anything. I've run a snake through both ends of the wall vent as far as it'll let me go, and I'm not finding anything. However when the dryer is connected to the wall vent and I turn it on, go outside and put my hand at the exhaust vent, I'm not feeling a draft.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Is it likely to be the ductwork clogged, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    wantingyou60030 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    I've got an 8 year old whirlpool electric dryer that's been cantankerous for a while. It's taking a few dryer cycles to dry clothes, and it smells awful. Very bad. Like mold. I disassembled the whole thing last night and didn't find anything off - no lint blockages, the heating elements very hot (seemed like a good idea at the time to touch it), the fan is drawing vaccuum and exhausting properly through the vent. My first inclination is that the venting duct through the wall is blocked, so i've disconnected the dryer from the wall vent and am jsut venting directly through an outside door to see if that does anything. I've run a snake through both ends of the wall vent as far as it'll let me go, and i'm not finding anything. however when the dryer is connected to the wall vent and i turn it on, go outside and put my hand at the exhaust vent, i'm not feeling a draft.

has anyone else experienced something similiar? is it likely to be the ductwork clogged, or am i barking up the wrong tree?
    I have the same problem I live in a apartment and they just clean out my vent but nothing so I undid the hose to the vent and the thing works great plug it to the vent and 4 hours of drying per load . I am mad and I know how you feel so I undid the hose and am using it this way . My dryer model number is ler4634jq0 type d433ele2406028fm54 let me know if you find out what is wrong
    wantingyou60030 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Dryer is not cloged by the vent I have just gotten my vent clean out and dryer still does not work . But if I do not connect the dryer to the vent the dryer works fine. With vent to dryer drying time is about 4 / 60 minutes of running time 4 hours to dry one load is not right . But if I undo the vent it takes about 60 min or less drying time per load something is wrong with this dryer and it is not the vent type of dryer is 0433ele2406028fm54

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool Senseon Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have an electric Whirlpool Senseon dryer that's 6 years old. In the past 6 months the dryer has been taking much longer to dry. I have an appliance warranty through our local utility. I've made a call and they have dispatched one of their contract appliance repair contractors...

Whirlppol dryer not drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer about 3.5 years old. The last 2 weeks it takes 2.5 hours to dry one load. I have cleaned all possible vents, the element still heats, it just doesn't dry! Very frustrating.:mad: Any help would be great! Thanks:)

Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

My frigidaire dryer is heating but not drying in the appropriate time. It takes forever for the clothes to dry. Could this be the heating element?

Musty/moldy smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have noticed a strong musty/moldy smell coming from the bathroom vanity, inside of heating baseboard (there are holes where the pipes go into the wall), inside the electrical box panel and any small openings on the baseboard too. We own a slab ranch home (no basement). There are no visible...

Dryer not drying, heating [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I would like to fix this myself! My electric dryer is heating, but not drying my clothes. My lint trap is always clean every time I check it- which is weird because usually it needs to be cleaned between loads! When I open my dryer door (my dryer keeps going even when I open the door-...

View more questions Search