Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shiang Posts: 154, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 12:08 AM

Alrighty. c:

Ohh that's cool. Haha I have so much that I like, do you really want the links? XD

He likes... all music. He just loves it all. I haven't heard him play in a while, but mostly he does more of the classical type on his violin.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 12:17 AM

What I'm thinking, is because of the nature of the words of your song, that it needs to be kind of slow. Not as slow as "The River Flows in You", though.

How long has he been studying the violin? I want to write this so that he will be able to play it, so I need to have an idea as to how difficult music could be that he can play.

It will be in piano format, but he can play just the melody line. Someone else could play the left-hand accompaniment, if they would like to.

Do you know anyone who plays the piano pretty well?

Yes, I would like the links to some music that you like so that I can get an idea as to what you really like.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2009, 12:27 AM

Haha no metal for those words. XD

He has been playing since he was very little around 6 yrs old?
    Left-hand accompaniment?

I don't think I know anyone that can play piano well, I could ask band friends if they know.

I'll list 6 of them.

Nightingale by Yanni
    YouTube - yanni - Nightingale (live)

Girls be Ambitions by Miyavi
    YouTube - Miyavi, Girls, be ambitious

Closer by Inoue Joe
    YouTube - Inoue Joe - Closer

King Knight by Ali Project
    YouTube - ALI PROJECT KING KNIGHT

Mirotic by DBSK
    YouTube - [ENG SUB] DBSK - Mirotic (HQ Full Ver.)

Anima Libera by Emi
    YouTube - EMI - Anima Libera
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 12:34 AM

Thanks for the links! I will check them out!

Yes, no metal for those words! LOL!

Left-hand accompaniment is music that supports the music that's being played by the right-hand on the piano. In the case of your song though, it will be music that will support and go along with a melody that's in the treble clef.

Since he's been playing since he was around 6 years old and now, I would presume is around your age, then I think that he should be fairly advanced on the violin by now.

What do you mean by band friends? Are they people who play in a concert band or other types of bands?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Another thought for the title might include your boyfriends name. Would you like to include his name in the title?

Mar 18, 2009, 12:45 AM

I hope they are entertaining for you.

Yeah haha imagine that! Its like um... you know L80ETC? They sing silly epic songs, but they are rock band.

Ohh. Pianos look so complicated with all their keys. Lol he is a year older. c:

By band friends I mean anyone who plays for the school like marching band, orchestra, and a few who have their own concert kind bands afterschool.

Haha noooo. It'd be like so awkward if it was his name for the title.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 12:56 AM
    Here is the link to a virtual piano. I can show you how to play some things on it sometime. You might even be able to play your song on it! But, that does depend on how your song is developed.

VIRTUAL KEYBOARD - PIANO

It does sound like you would be likely to know someone who can play the piano version of your song.

Do you mind if I put Shiang/Clough for the lyricist and composer of the song?

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2009, 12:58 AM

Ohh that's so cool! I'm a play with it right now haha.

You can make it all you. c:
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:00 AM

Thanks! But, the words really are yours. We're just making them so that they will fit the music.

So, I'm going to make it Shiang/Clough, if that's okay with you?

Mar 18, 2009, 01:03 AM

Ohh! I just remembered my sister has a keyboard like that, only it has more keys. It could always be changed right so if I get any ideas or want changes I tell. c:

Oh could you change Shiang to Tobii? I use Tobii more often. C:
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:06 AM

Yes, I can use whatever name you would like. I just need to put something in to start the program.

Is Tobii a nickname or your real name, please?

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2009, 01:09 AM

Ah okay. c:

Ohh Tobii is my nickname, since a lot of english speakers? Have a hard time pronouncing my real name or I get mixed up with words that people say.

Clough is your nickname?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:12 AM
    Clough is my real last name. My first name is Craig.

I'll use Tobii, if that is what you would like. Although, last names are what is usually used for these sort of things on the music.

Mar 18, 2009, 01:17 AM

You have a cool name though. :O

Yes, please. :D
    My last name would be Duong, but its made up of ugly letters and an unpleasant meaning. D:
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:23 AM

Thanks!

Okay, I'll use what you like then. First melody for your song will be appearing on this thread shortly. It will take me five to ten minutes to write and post it.

Words can be added right on the music later, but that's something that's harder for me to do. I guarantee that the words will be able to be sung with the music, though.

Would you like to play a song now that you might know on the virtual keyboard while you're waiting, that is, if you would like to wait?

Mar 18, 2009, 01:28 AM

Alrighty.

I'm sure it is harder to add the words to match the music. :o

I think I'm done playing with the keyboard tonight. :)
    I'll just read a book while waiting.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:32 AM

It's because of how the program works that it's hard to add the words. I write the music to fit the words. Once you have someone play the melody, I'm sure that you'll be able to see how the words would fit.

Okay then, an example of your song will appear here in a number of minutes.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiang View Post
    It could always be changed right so if I get any ideas or want changes I tell. c:
    Yes, any of what we write can be changed.

Mar 18, 2009, 02:03 AM

Dang it's 2am. I've got to get to bed now, since I have an exit exam to take in a few hours.

Goodnight. c:
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 02:06 AM
    Here are the first four lines of your song set to music. I re-worded it again just slightly.

From the fairytale that brought me to you,
    I've always thought from the time that you vanished,

However our story unfolds, throughout stormy days,
    And through muddy roads, that you'll still be my prince.

Name:  My Promise to You A - Use.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  153.0 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to write a song [ 165 Answers ]

Heyy Can any one help me write a song I want to write one for my mom but I'm not very good please help me Sam Xx:confused:

Can someone write a song for me? [ 28 Answers ]

Can someone please write me a song about secrets? I love singing but whenever I take out some paper I can't think.. It's impossible for me to write a song because I don't have that much time on my hands. If someone could write me a song I would be sooo happy. I'm hoping someone will be nice enough...

I Need Someone to Write Me a Song [ 22 Answers ]

Do you know sweet child o'mine by guns and roses? I need a song kind of like that... I mean the same genre and I really need it!! I am a guy so don't make it too girly or anything like that... :) Thanx;)

I Need Some Insight With My Poem. I Love To Write, But Am Not Very Skilled [ 5 Answers ]

These power lines trace our maps like information on a graph Traveled by the working class rushing, running, shuffling for a place Hear gentle cries and screams from the future generation seeing hordes of vehicles predict the complications

View more questions Search