Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Depression, self mutulation, old feelings.
    I've been taking my meds consistently and I'm depressed, like really. I've even started cutting again. I don't get it, what's wrong with me? My parents won't even let me go on a higher dosage...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 06:04 PM

Hi, meecy12!

When was the last time that you saw your physician?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, meecy12!

When was the last time that you saw your physician?

Thanks!
    Last yearish
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 06:38 PM

I'm sorry that it took me so long to return! Am having connection problems!

If you haven't been to your physician in a number of months, then it's probably time to make an appointment, especially with the way that you're feeling.

I have an activity that I like to do with people on this site that might help you to feel better about yourself. If you're interested in doing an activity on this site that would help you, please let me know.

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post

If you haven't been to your physician in a number of months, then it's probably time to make an appointment, especially with the way that you're feeling.

I have an activity that I like to do with people on this site that might help you to feel better about yourself. If you're interested in doing an activity on this site that would help you, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Sure, I can't see why not
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 07:46 PM

Are you in therapy. Therapy has shown much more effective than medication. Perhaps even the medication is making you more depressed, this happens.

Also, do you have a good support system?
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by meecy12 View Post
    sure, I can't see why not
    Okay, I'm usually on here pretty late at night. Right now, it's about 10:30 P.M. where I am. Hopefully, we can be on at the same time sometime so that we can discuss the activity.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2009, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashey23ole View Post
    are you in therapy. Therapy has shown much more effective than medication. Perhaps even the medication is making you more depressed, this happens.

Also, do you have a good support system?
    Yes and yes. That's why I'm questioning it (my depression) I have no reason to feel this way; I don't know what's causing it. In fact, it should be improving because of the springy weather. It's usually how it works
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 18, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Sometimes the littlest things can trigger depressed feelings, sometimes nothing at all. :(have you stopped taking the medication yet?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 03:49 PM

Are you on anti-depressants... because if you are and you're getting worse then you need to talk to a doctor about it! I don't know what kind of meds you are on or how old you are... but one of the side affects of the meds I took last year was that it could make you worse.

Best of luck! Roxy

Mar 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashey23ole View Post
    sometimes the littlest things can trigger depressed feelings, sometimes nothing at all. :(have you stopped taking the medication yet?
    No I haven't... it's been almost a year since I've been taking them consistently.
    And it's lexapro
    (I'm 16)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:49 PM

You should really go and see your doctor as soon as possible if this has been going on for so long and it only seems like things have gotten worse.

Your 16 you don't need your parents to conduct what treatment you need or how much to take, that's the doctors job.

Don't stop taking the medication without consulting your doctor because that could make things a lot lot worse for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

I keep having these feelings that everyone is going to die and everything is going to [ 6 Answers ]

I can't even look my parents in the eye anymore because I know in just 10 years they are going to be 60 and I'm oing to be like 25. We're all getting so old! And then in another 10 years they'll be old, gray, and 70 and I'll be in my thirties. Things will change, I will have a job, my parents will...

Not sure about feelings [ 4 Answers ]

I like someone 3 yrs older. Should I try to not like her? Or just wait till I'm older? p.s. I'm 13 and she's 16, she and I are like brother and sis

Why am I having these feelings [ 18 Answers ]

I really need some advice on what to do, since you guys really seem to be very understanding, a couple of months ago I got pregnant with the IUD in well I lost that pregnancy not long after finding out, I have been taking birth control pills for a month now and I went to the doctor the other day...

How am I supposed to overcome depression and suicidal thoughts/feelings? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I've been depressed for quite a long time now and yesterday, my mum said that she didn't really love our family and I replied, "oh ok then, I'll just go and die" and she goes, "yeah....I'd rather be alone with the dog". How the hell am I supposed to overcome this with her saying stuff like...

View more questions Search