Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisyj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
    New hire seems too good to be true...
    My boss recently hired a new Sales Manager. This gentleman produced no resume and told my boss that he had never needed one. He gave one reference that was checked.

He was hired, and my boss told me to pay him cash for the next 6 weeks because the guy was a little behind (we have him on a six figure annual salary paid weekly). This week he asked for an advance on that salary which my boss told me to pay him. Also, he asked my boss if he could get his BMW serviced since it needed new brakes and a tune up... my boss obliged.

Since coming on everyone in the office except my boss feels something about this guy is NOT right. I'm not saying he hasn't made some good contributions to the company since coming on board but I also do not feel he is pulling his weight. He told my boss today that he is burnt out already, he has only been here 5 weeks and he is getting paid handsomely.

Finally since I'm the office mgr I need to see identification for the I-9 forms he gave me an expired out of state license and a SS card that looks slightly different from the conventional, although maybe SS cards vary in how they look I'm not sure on that.

Is there anyway I can protect my boss from a potential scam or fraud?

Thanks,
    DJ
    Fresno-Nick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I think your boss own some mob somewhere money, and they send johnny to pay him a visit... Now johnny need to stick around until the debt has been paid off... you need to worry about yourself, not your boss... because the one that has to feel out the forms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it true? [ 15 Answers ]

I've heard people say that our higher power has helped them through troubled times. I never gave my faith a chance. Can anyone tell me if their faith has helped them through troubled times, fight addiction, helped them to become better people... happier people?

Is this true? [ 12 Answers ]

All right, is it true that 30% of girls can't have orgasims or is that just false? But OK, Ive been with my boyfriend for about 5 months and I haven't had an orgasm... but, see I know the feeling. Ive had to feeling come many time before but they don't last... what do I do to keeep it! When I...

View more questions Search