Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirllll xxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Boyfriend chewing tobacoo
    Hey guys, I have this huge promblem I had a great boyfriend who was amazing but a month into our relationship I found out that he chews tobacoo "dip" this is a very disturbing imange! I hate it I screamed at him for oh so long but after that promblem we had many promnlems and broke up. I really just want him to stop but I cannot think of a way. Please help me!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 09:43 AM

How can you get him to stop? Simple. Get some pictures from the internet showing people who have tongue, cheek, throat cancer caused by this nasty habit. Also, there is also a deterioration of the gums with use of this product resulting in tooth loss. Stomach problems are rife as well due to the tobacco juice going down the throat and into the stomach.

If those cancer photos don't wake him up - nothing will. He needs to stop this tobacco use ASAP.
    babygirllll xxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 09:47 AM

Okay thank you I'll try that and see what happens!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 09:55 AM

I used to dip in high school and I took one look at those pictures and never put that shhh in my mouth again. It is very nasty.
    bnikhazy Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

May 13, 2009, 06:59 AM

I have chewed for almost 30 years. This is a cool thing for him. I'll bet his friends do it too. If that's the case, it will be difficult to get him to quit. He will continue as it's a part of his friendship/bond. He will justify the horror photos of mouth cancer. I promise that he will feel like he will never get it. However, consider telling him that he will most certainly begin to loose his lower gumline and within 5-10 years, begin to have serious dental issues. Research "reconstructive dental work" and show him those horror photos of what will happen to him - "not what if." Tell him he can hide it now, but soon, he will begin to hide his smile to hide his teeth. Also tell him that chewing is equally addictive as smoking. I have read studys that say if someone has chewed for 5 years, that person has an 85% chance of chewing for the rest of their life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy Boyfriend- chewing w/ mouth open, crunching ice, banging doors [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend and I have lived together 3 years (we are both 45). He drives me crazy with noise - everything is noisy. He chews with his mouth open, crunches ice, slams the cupboard doors. Last night he blew up at me when I said something to him and said it's my problem that these things...

Is chewing gum bad for you? [ 10 Answers ]

Is chewing gum bad for you? If so, In what ways? I know it can make you gasy but that's about it. I chew gum A lot Well not A lot but if you think about it people chew it a lot. I don't know why, its just chew chew chew chew chew and people love it. Haha

Cat Chewing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my five month old kitten keeps chewing up everything! She chewed I don't know how many wires in my house! I don't know what to do to make her stop. Please let me know if anyone has an idea. I would love to hear it! Thank you!

Chewing gum... [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, if it isn't can one of the mods move it. I had a question about chewing gum. What do you think about it? I heard many benefits of chewing gum. Although I also heard of some negative aspects of gum chewing, they weren't as many... :)

Wood Chewing Dog [ 6 Answers ]

Allright, Labman or anyone else who may have some suggestions. My son got a new wood frame bed for his birthday and the other day I noticed teeth marks along the bottom of the frame. I then caught our Shi-tzu the very next day chewing on it--bad thing is, as soon as he saw me he knew he was doing...

View more questions Search