Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Obama stepping into deep doodoo to tax veterans for health care
    Get the tea parties ready for new Obama tax: "It was stated then that The American Legion believes that the reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate that VA treat service-connected injuries and disabilities given that the United States government sends members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2009031..._for_treatment

It is becoming more evident that the disgraceful Obama crowd wants to tax everything in sight, and make everyone totally dependent on the federal government.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 05:42 PM

This is gone to upset you as it does me The White House approved $85.9 million for weatherizing and energy efficiency funding as part of the stimulus package.

$48 million is the Weatherizing Assistance Program that will allow up to $6,500.00 per house hold for energy efficiency upgrades and will be available for families that are making 200 percent above the poverty level or about $44,000.00 a year for a family of four.

Its for insulating homes and sealing leaks and modernizing heating and air conditioning equipment.

Its part of the 5 billion that Puerto Rico will receive. Yes you got it. The program above is for the island of Puerto Rico. Most all houses and all structures are made of cement blocks and concrete. Most all windows are aluminum Louvered. With bars on the window openings. The garages for car repair mostly are all open air. The average annual temperature from winter to summer is 7 degrees. 69 to 71 in the Am to 82 to 85 in the day

So Obama please explain to me that part of the stimulus package for a place that never gets cold. Could it be to befriend the Puerto Ricans for the next election. Thinking WAY ahead!!

We already send $16+ billion to P.R. every year. There is virtually no house tax ( 0 ) for most (0) school tax You just have eletric and public water. Free septic tank installtion , and free garbage pick up etc. That's 16 billion plus 5 billion for a population of 3,958,128 (July 2008 est.)

Way to go liberials... Down the tubes... I'm sure sitting here in Puerto freezing and need insulation for my all concrete home!! This winter was cold. Just about at the equator.

The info above is from the Puerto Rico Daily Sun, page 4 March 13th

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 08:45 PM

I was horrified to read where the veterans will have to get their own private insurance to be treated for their military injuries.

What galls me the most about the shameless way America treats her returning veterans is the sheer numbers of homeless veterans and their families. To act so hateful to our veterans in depriving them of even a roof over their heads is truly unconscionable. It is getting much worse out there for just regular citizens to keep a roof over their heads but our returning military men and women should not have to face such belittlement of being homeless and in need of medical care.

O is not for America. Never was, never will be. He's proving this every day he's in office.

Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
    Depression is when you lose your job.
    Recovery is when Obama loses his job.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 08:56 PM

Well said twink.

Weather a person agrees about the war or not. GOD bless the men and women that stand on the front line to protect us and risk there lives for us U.S. citizens.

As far as I'm concerned we should treat all our soldiers as hero's!! They are following our commander and chief without question to lay there life on the line for US.
    I'm also appalled and embarrassed out how they are treated by our Government and some citizens
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 09:10 PM

Yes, I quite agree 21boat. My late husband was a Green Beret. He did many heroic things overseas - but here in the US he was treated like dirt when he came home in the 1970's.

I understand that there are now a lot of military men and women overseas and here at home who are rebelling against O being the illegal alien president. This is going to cause a lot of strife in the military, but someone has to stand up to this egomaniac. I am proud that they are standing up for what is right. God bless them!
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

I hope they send the message to the TOP!!
    I feel you can gage a country by how that country treats there military service men and women. Some might say, You were just a cook or a clean up detail. The old saying. "a soldier fights best on a full stomach" It's the Chain of one for all and all for one that's defines us as defenders of freedom and fights repression

I love to put O in there positions and see how it feels to have some lead fly his head!!

They way our Gov waste money, ( a small example I posted above) We could get out of this mess a lot quicker. The Special interest groups should start with our soldiers. If they aren't special than WHO IS.

Did O and the Government forget how we fought to be FREE people in the beginning. Kept japan form coming back to our shores. Went after Hitler etc etc.

They need to back to school and learn basic American history and why we are free men and women and who made that possible without a doubt. The FRONT line!! Fighting for Americans and other free people under siege.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:52 AM

Hello:

I don't want to interrupt your Obama hate fest... But, the shoddy treatment our vets get DIDN'T just start...

I don't know how you missed that... But, you righty's seem to MISS a lot.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:56 AM
    You dumbasses have figured out that they are talking about billing the veteran's *insurance company* for the services, and not the veteran? Is it too much to ask you to RTFA? The plan they mention doesn't charge soldiers, but rather obligates their existing private insurers (if they have one) to reimburse the VA for services as if it were rendered by a private physician. Prior, an insurer could simply deny soldiers claims because the VA would pick up the tab -- meaning the insurer could collect premiums and avoid having to pay out on claims.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 06:03 AM

Why should the private insurance pay for service related treatment ? If I get hurt at work my insurance doesn't get charged .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Gee NK, one doesn't have to get past the headline to get the impression that the President plans to "Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment." If that isn't what it means then complain that the reporter needs to WTFA properly. Not to mention the little fact that perhaps the Vet is self-employed and pays the premiums or pays for them through his employer, that would in fact be charging veterans for treatment. And let's not ignore the outrageousness of the government billing anyone for service related injuries. It's a ridiculous, reprehensible idea no matter how you RTFA so why don't comment on the substance rather than targeting the individual doing the posting for a change?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 05:17 AM
    We all know that the sacred trust does not end when the uniform comes off. That’s why it’s time to build a 21st-century VA. No more red tape. It’s time to give every service member electronic copies of their medical records and service records upon discharge so that they can immediately get the services that they’ve earned. No more shortfalls. We’ll fully fund VA health care. No more delays. We’ll pass on-time budgets. No more means testing. It’s time to allow every veteran into the VA system. -Barack Obama, June 2008
    Another Obama promise with a short expiration date?
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 05:46 AM
    His goal is to either bankrupt or make private insurance companies suffer. Imagine the actuarial nightmare of trying to calculate in the costs of covering vets service related injuries and illnesses. Insurance Companies will drop the Vets rather than taking on a lifetime of treatments... or raise their premiums and discourage small businesses from hiring injured veterans.

The destruction of the private insurance system is the means to the end that the universal health care crowd will employ. That is why they took thousands of children who's parents had the means to provide their care off the private system and into SCHIP.

What the President proposes is immoral . If we owe anyone health care ;in return for their sacrifices for their country,it is our injured Vets .
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 08:05 AM

The fact that anyone would even consider such a proposal is another sign that the USA is ever achieving new lows. What happens when the insurance company denies the claims? The vet appeals and wins or files bankruptcy. My medical providers bill my insurance and if they don't pay, the provider is not the loser--it's my problem. Better get ready to fire up the draft. This won't exactly make the volunteer military numbers swell. The brave men and women of the military won't worry about themselves but they have to consider the impact on their families.

As for reading the details, there aren't any- according to this excerpt from a CNN article:

"A White House spokesman would neither confirm nor deny the option is being considered.

"The details of specific proposals will be transmitted with the full submission in April. The president has made it clear that meeting the needs of veterans is one of his priorities, and as a result has requested an 11 percent increase in discretionary funding for 2010, and the administration is actively working with the veterans community to ensure we get the details of this budget right," said White House spokesman Nick Shapiro. End of quote

I am a proud veteran. How many of the administration and congressional heroes who would endorse this decision can say the same?
    This is the most disgraceful proposal ever considered by this country.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 08:24 AM

This was pretty much confirmed as true by Commander David K. Rehbein of the American Legion who had a meeting with the President over this proposal .

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the president intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan"..... "He says he is looking to generate $540 million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."
    The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 18, 2009, 03:08 PM

Whoa!

Think about this: doesn't President Obama want us to have government universal health care?

Isn't that what the VA is, especially for service connected medical issues?

What would happen if there were no private insurers?

That's right folks, Obama's government healthcare CAN'T AND WON'T TAKE CARE OF YOU!

G&P
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 03:56 PM

O and his wife M are real comedians. She was at Fort Whocares pitching how wonderful the men and women of the military are and how "forgotten" blah blah blah they are while on the other side of town O is trying to cut the vets off at their knees with the VA not paying a dime for military healthcare?

Got to give it to the Obamas. They sure have a class(less) act going. If it weren't so tragic it would be comical.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 04:01 PM
    And here is another "cute" photo of M supposedly helping out recently at a soup kitchen in DC. She is so hell bent on "posing" for the cell phone picture it's nauseating. I'll betcha she went home that night and told O how she was slinging food for the deadbeats and how much fun that was! She probably didn't eat any of what she was slinging either as heaven forbid she'd contaminate herself with any cooties.

You know, it's hypoccrites like these two 10 year olds in the WH that are enough to make a normal person ill. Is it any wonder why the rest of the world is laughing at the US now?
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:51 AM

The President has backed down on this issue .

Obama Drops Veterans Health Care Proposal after Intense Criticism - KNDU-TV- msnbc.com
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 01:30 PM

I'm finding it's almost impossible to find exactly what was originally proposed (in it's original context) because of everyone who is outraged responding to one-line news blurbs that most websites are carrying which simply say "Obama wants vets to get private insurace" and then a paragraph or 2 written by someone looking to make it as offensive as possible.

I've tried to read up on how this originally started it sounds like a proposal was made where the VA would bill insurance companies (for veterans who had private insurance already) freeing up more funds for other who do not have any insurance, in essence so the VA could accept more cases.

If anyone finds where this was first suggested (in context, not some article highlighting one-line quotes) I would love to read it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan [ 35 Answers ]

This is one way to force socialized medicine on us, hide it in the "stimulus" package. As I noted before when tom touched on this, a lot of Americans (myself included) complain of insurance companies determining what treatments they’ll pay for. How do YOU feel about the feds making those...

Obama flips on health care mandates [ 22 Answers ]

"flip" Remember during those endlessly mind-numbing Democrat debates one of the "real " differences between the big B.O. and Evita was the issue of a mandate requiring individuals purchase health care .Evita was in favor and Obama correctly argued that mandates were wrong because a mandate...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search