Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chisolm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 02:54 PM
    I want to sign my parental rigth over
    I live in n.j my son is 16 year old he don't want nothing to do with me or his silding , I always pay child support an medical for him to her an her mother an her aunt now he 16 running the street for the past 15 year his mother an her family took me to every another year for more money . I am tired of my son crazy family I just want out I want to sign over rigth an the mother don't want to work because she get money from me to take care of him
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 06:46 AM

Yeah - you cant. You cannot just sign over rights to stop paying support. If you could, there would be lines at the courthouse from all the scumbag deadbeats.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:33 AM

Like stevetcg pointed out, signing over your rights doesn't necessarily relieve you of having to pay support.

Here's a link to the sticky at the top of this forum which explains a lot more about the situation:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sign over my rigth [ 3 Answers ]

I want to sign over my rigth to my 16 year old son , can his mother still get child support for him. My son don't want nothing to do with me , the mother turn my son against me .

Trying to have my ex sign over his parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying for some time now to get my ex to sign over his parental rights. He never sees my son, we have been in and out of court for child support until recently he quit his job to get a job under the table. He owes a couple thousand dollars in child support arrears and I told his fiancé...

Sign over parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How can I and will it help that she recently married?:confused: >Moved from Forum Help<

He wants to sign over my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

Before my husband and I met he dated this girl who told him she was on birth control and everything else. Well she got pregnant and he left for Iraq, he tried to be a part of the babies life then but she told him it wasn't his and she wanted nothing to do with him. He got out of the military and...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search