Ask
    warddj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Pest control
    How do I get rid of ground wasps?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:28 PM

OK this might sound absolutely ridiculous, but my dad set up a shop vac, it was the first thing he thought of, knowing that my cousin was allergic and would be there soon. He had it somehow secured the hose to the side of the house so when they would fly back to their nest they would get sucked up. He had that thing running all day waiting for the exterminator to come and by the time he came they were all dead. I would call someone to come take care of the situation, though, personally. You don't want to get stung.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2009, 06:38 AM
    If they are going in and out of the holes individually they are probably laying eggs in the holes. A lawn insecticide granule formula that you water into the soil, especially one labeled for grubs and larvae, should keep them from coming back and will help chase away the ones there this year. If lots are flying in and out of the same hole, it's a nest best taken care of by a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pest control [ 5 Answers ]

Chipmunks have destroyed the wiring in my heating and air. How do I protect my heating and air, how do I keep them out of my crawlspace, how do I keep them off my property. Thanks

Pest control [ 2 Answers ]

Soo my husband and I bought a house 2months ago. With all the fees that were paid, part of it was to pay for termite spraying. We closed the deal on the house in March so far we STILL have not had anything done. The company is a mom and pop that was hired by the sellers to spray. They have...

Pest Control [ 3 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are some of the best pest control on the market. I thought of putting something all around the house on the outside. I have problems with ants (large and small), centipedes, spiders, and other insects. I wanted something simple and effective. It can but don't have to be...

View more questions Search