Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoozie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Felon restrictions
    My boyfriend is a felon who is due to be release in a couple of years. Now I have been charged with a felony( but have not gone to court yet). We had planned on being married after his release from a NM prison. Will we be able to get married if I am convicted of a felony charge in AR?

Snoozie
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 09:08 AM

Hello S:

You'll be able to get married, but if either of you is on supervised release, you're probably not going to be able to hang around with other felons...

So, you might have to wait a little while more.

excon
    snoozie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Should we get married before I go to court?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 11:04 AM

Hello s:

I don't know. There are some PO'S who'll tell you that you can't be around ANY felon, even your spouse... But, that can be defeated.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel restrictions to europe and canada for a convicted felon [ 12 Answers ]

I was convicted of a felony over a tax issue in Jan. 2002. I did not serve any time in jail or prison but was on supervised probation for two years and unsupervised for three years which passed without incident. My question is that I would like to travel outside of the united states to Canada and...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Sex offender restrictions [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend whose ex is dating a registered sex offender. Now the problem is my friend is going to court for custody of his kids. The charge put against this sex offender was for a 11 year old girl. My friends daughter is no older than 5 year old. Now here's my question... What are the Ny state...

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search