Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k-porter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 08:56 AM
    How to adopt my wife's daughter
    My wife has a 5 year old daughter with her ex-boyfreind, I have raised her as my own for the last 4 years. Her father asked my wife an I if he could just singh his rights over so that I could adopt her. So my question is what are the steps my wife an I will have to do to make this happen?
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2009, 09:17 AM

Contact a lawyer, do not try to do this on your own. So that at least you're sure the whole process is airtight
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Mar 16, 2009, 11:54 PM

I was adopted by my step father as well. All I remember doing is going to the court to get it all signed over. So def. contact an attorney. If the other party is willing to sign away the rights it should be a fairly easy process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband wants to adopt wife's son. Father is not on birth [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is married to a man that would like to adopt her son. The real father is not on the birth certificate and says that he is not the father of this child and never has had a contact with her son. What can be done to get this adoption on the way?

Can I adopt my wife's daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Can I adopt my wife's daughter? Me and my wife have been together for four years, and married for a year. Her little girl is seven years old and already calls me daddy. The biological father has not seen her in almost a year and constintantly is behind on child support, and just recently he went to...

How can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my story. When I was 16 I got rapped and got pregnant. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 5 1/2 months pregnant. I had my baby who happened to be a girl on her birth certificate she has no father listed because I don't know who he is. Now I am 21 I recently got married to...

I want to adopt my wife's daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to adopt my wife's daughter. Her father is no longer living and the daughter is over 21 years old.

Husband wants to adopt daughter but. [ 2 Answers ]

All right here goes... My husband of 4 years is wanting to adopt my 8 year old daughter. She herself has been asking when she can have her "daddy's" last name. Her Biological father is listed on her birth certificate though we were never married. We did get a court ordered Child support...

View more questions Search