Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Mar 16, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Wanting another baby, invitro?
    Hello all. I am trying to get some info about in vitro. I am 36 and have 2 beautiful children. After my last pregancy my husband at the time and I decided that we were not going to have any more children. I got my tubes tied, the kind that is not reversible and that was that. Since that time we divorced and three years ago I met the most wonderful man! He is an only child and is so unbelievably good with kids! Kids flock to him they just love him, including my children. We have talked several times about having a baby. I would be so completely honored to give this man a child but can not do that using the conventional methods. I have been doing some reading about in vitro and have some questions. My first concern is the cost. From what I am reading, it can cost any where from $12k to $20k. We don't have that kind of money just laying around. I am wondering if there are any kind of companies that help with the financing and if so how difficult is it to get? I am also just looking to talk to anyone who has had invitro under similar circumstances and wanted to know how it went. What they had to do, was it painful etc? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sep 14, 2009, 07:09 AM

Just giving everyone an update. Things have been crazy busy and sorry that I haven't posted on this sooner.

After looking into this longer we decided that having my tubes untied would be the best route. I had one surgery done already to see if they are even able to put them back together, and they are!

Next surgery is scheduled for September 25th. They said that I am a really good candidate so I will keep all of you posted on our progress after surgery. The plan is to be pregnant before Christmas... I think that would be a wonderful xmas present.. :-) Talk to all of you soon.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2009, 05:34 PM

Congrats and good luck wish u the best

Dec 14, 2009, 07:42 AM

Just wanted to jump in here and give an update. We are pregnant! Found out on December 3rd. I can't believe it happened this fast, I'm still kind of in a daze! Anyway, hcg levels are climbing and so far all is good. Had to start a progesterone suppository due to slight drop in level. Doc says nothing to worry about just a precaution. Tomorrow is my first ultrasound!
    jessy0428 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2009, 01:31 PM

Congrats
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2009, 05:18 PM

Congrats!!
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2009, 05:17 PM

Congrats!! A baby is a wonderful christmas present!

Feb 16, 2011, 02:03 PM

Updating everyone, again I am so sorry I have not been on here. I feel like I have left my askme help desk family hanging but we had our beautiful baby girl on July 27th. She was a whopping 8lbs 9oz. Labor and delivery was a bit rough. Was in labor for 24 hours, starting to push and she was stuck so I opted for a C Section. I ended up ripping my uterus all the way through to my cervix and lost a lot of blood. She was born with a slight fever and spend an hour in the NICU but quickly recovered. A week after I had to go back to the hospital cause I couldn't breath and just was not getting any better. I ended up needing a blood transfusion of 2 units. Then when she was 2 months old we found out at her check up that she has torticollis. I had never heard of it and was a bit scared at first but we have been in physical therapy since and she is doing great and making tons of progress. She is now 6 1/2 months and healthy and happy. I will post pictures soon. Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes too!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to have a baby alone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My girlfriend is 3 months pregnant and broke up with me. For emotional issues. It is not something we cannot work on and actually I am working on it. She refuses to work on it. The result for now is that she has cast me away from the picture. She wants to raise the baby on her own. I am...

Wanting to have a baby alone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My girlfriend is 3 months pregnant and broke up with me. For emotional issues. It is not something we cannot work on and actually I am working on it. She refuses to work on it. The result for now is that she has cast me away from the picture. She wants to raise the baby on her own. I am...

Wanting a baby [ 1 Answers ]

I was on depo for 3 years and had an irregular period. My last shot was this past June I am no longer taking the shot. I am still having an irregular period; does this mean I can pregnant sooner? If not is it a good idea for Ovulex? HELP I am confused!!

View more questions Search